HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Our POY projects always seem to take a different direction every year, usually arising from inspiration from a member or a carver or a moderator. Last year we had Scottie come to us with a proposition that was very well receieved, before that there was the Brigham pipe that Kaiser put together, one year Carlos came back from the Chicago show inspired and collaborated with Mark Tinsky to come up with a cool squat rhodesian. This year we (the mod team) hadn't even talked about it, but some of you mentioned it and showed interest, and I didn't want to let you all down.

Honestly the biggest headache with these things is the time and debate involved. This year we just didn't want to do that, go through the motions of all that. So, I said Screw It! I'm going to do this the easiest way I know of. I spoke briefly with the other mods and during that conversation the subject of doing a tribute to the classic Dunhill shape 48 saddle stemmed bulldog came up. PB said something to the effect that everyone has their favorite shapes but few dislike a bulldog. Amen to that.

One other thought, we believe these pipes hit the sweet spot with pricing for a hand made pipe. No, they are not as inexpensive as a Savinelli or Peterson, but they are a lot less than what a lot of other carvers are charging and we think they are a real bargain. Marks work is excellent.

So, a few emails with Mark Tinsky talking about the shape, a couple of quick mock-ups, a choice with a few refinements, and voila! An interpretation from one of Americas most solid carvers on a classic. We present to you, the Brothers of Briar 2015 Pipe of the Year, a tribute to the classic English Bulldog.

Marks coral carve will be $170, a sandblast will be $195, and a smooth $235. The pipes will have Marks logo and stampings with the addition of BOB 2015 stamped on the pipe. You can simply order from his web store or shoot him an email if you have any specific questions or requests.

We hope you enjoy them and can add one to your stable. The pipes can be found here:

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Club-Pipes/

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Awesome job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:15 am

Well that was easy.
Excellent "Executive Action."   Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:47 am

It would make a nice Christmas present to yourself, ya know? Wink

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:48 am

I am going to have to have one of these babies, even if it hairlips the commander in chief!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 am

Nice shape. Contacted Mark about the weight of the pipe. I'm hoping it's in the vicinity of what I prefer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:12 pm

My wife would go Lorena Bobbitt on me if I spent that much on a pipe.....

Dammit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Classic pipe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 pm

For anyone curious, the pipe is expected to be around 6" in length and 1.7 ounces in weight.

Too large for my taste personally, but it is a nice looking pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:

More likely a Labor Day Present.   Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:10 am

Sexy looking bulldogs indeed!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 am

Hermit wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:

Which would strategically leave the door open for another pipe come Christmas! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Dutch wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Puff Daddy wrote:

Which would strategically leave the door open for another pipe come Christmas! Wink

Well, Mark does make a Christmas Pipe every year.   Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Is the stem lucite or vulcanite?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Buckshot wrote:
Is the stem lucite or vulcanite?

I believe it's acrylic.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 pm

I love Mark's work and this pipe is, to me, right smack dab on the mark. It's not cheap, but it's one I would own with pride. I'm glad that the coral carve (lovin' it) is the one with the lowest tag...so classic.

Wiz - you need to read up on Pat McManus...sneakin' new guns into the house past the wife is very much like a new pipe I'm thinkin'. Even though it's kinda small to disguise as a "pipe lamp" it might lend itself to some unique and effective subterfuge. lol

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 am

All versions of this pipe are now available, and if there's something a little different you want give Mark a shout. I got mine with a golden brown coral finish and a tortoise acrylic stem. The shape is defined but the finish possibilities are quite variable.

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Pipes/Club-Pipes/

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:08 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
My wife would go Lorena Bobbitt on me if I spent that much on a pipe.....

Dammit!

Sleep on your belly and you'll be just fine. lol!

I love that POY! I wants one!
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:30 am

Yes! These are lovely pipes! I hope I will be able to swing the purchase of one. Nice job guys Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 am

Just in case...here's the blast. Wow...just, wow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:33 pm

@Puff Daddy & Blackhorse: great, just great. Now I have to wipe off all the drool that just dripped on my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Mine smokes wonderfully Twisted Evil

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

So...what was your christening blend?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Oh you guys just hush!

jealous......
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next