HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:42 pm

The coral looks good in that color to me. I tried to picture it in Cabernet during the decision making process and kept coming back with donegal rocky, of which I have two already. And I have to say that the quality of the workmanship on the sandblasting is outstanding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh, I'm just teasing him. He knows he probably got the nicest one and all others pale in comparison.

(NOT)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Laughing

Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Haha. I can't make a statement as to who picked best. You both went more creative insofar as the stems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Maybe. But I really like the classic straight black with the Dark Blast on yours. It looks...right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:25 pm

All the pics posted are fantastic. Hard to choose the best one as they're all great in their own ways.

No matter what finish/stem design one just can't go wrong. Mark's engineering is always spot on, and the performance is second to none.

Hope some more BoB'ers take advantage of this way great offer.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 pm

I finally got around to ordering mine.
This beauty is on the way.   cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Nice! Cool

Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:26 pm

Hermit wrote:

A Golden Blast. Nice! Just like mine, except I got an amber stem.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:48 am

I like the looks of the golden. But for me, it would end up with a darkened rim from hasty lighting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Thank you to the folks that put their time in to make this happen. I ordered the blast yesterday along with a tamper, thanks for mentioning that Blackhorse!  I'm not a huge fan of the bulldog shape, but the blast changes everything about it for me. I can't wait to see it in person! Now I need to start my POY fund for next year. I have found it's easy to throw a little cash in the piggy bank throughout the year for when this comes up rather than coming up with the money all at once. I'm a tightwad!   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Ok, I looove blasted pipes! Buuuuuut, after an email from Mark moments ago I decided on a smooth. Mark said it turned out to be a great candidate for the smooth. I thought that was pretty nice to offer that choice.  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Clay wrote:
Ok, I looove blasted pipes! Buuuuuut, after an email from Mark moments ago I decided on a smooth. Mark said it turned out to be a great candidate for the smooth. I thought that was pretty nice to offer that choice.  cheers

OK Clay, so which smooth finish did you opt for?

rabbit

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Clay

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Clay wrote:

OK Clay, so which smooth finish did you opt for?

rabbit

Cheers,

RR
I didn't think about that, ha! I'm happy to get this pipe and think whatever Tim sends me I'll be more than excited.  He emailed me a shipping label a little bit ago, this is coming together faster then I thought. I suppose I need to relearn how to post picture here on the computer, I failed this summer goofing around with the phone trying to post pics.  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Well, it arrived yesterday! Pretty fast for ordering last week. Until I read up again to post a pic, It looks just like the one on page 1. The finish looks to be little lighter. The fit and finish is outstanding!  It's so smooth gliding my finger over the pipe, it feels like it's one piece. The tobacco chamber and airway are spot on. Now I see why Mark has so many fans. I feel compelled to try this baby out here soon, but for the moment it sits next to Scottie's POY from last year, the Steve Norse raffle pipe from last year, both unsmoked, and my David Jones Poker, the special shelf! I'm glad Mark was chosen for this year like the 2012 POY. I had joined at the end of 2012 and never thought I'd spend more than a hundred bucks on a pipe (80 bucks on the poker was the most I'd spent). I also hadn't expected to fall into PAD or TAD  Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Clay wrote:
Well, it arrived yesterday! Pretty fast for ordering last week. Until I read up again to post a pic, It looks just like the one on page 1. The finish looks to be little lighter. The fit and finish is outstanding!  It's so smooth gliding my finger over the pipe, it feels like it's one piece. The tobacco chamber and airway are spot on. Now I see why Mark has so many fans. I feel compelled to try this baby out here soon, but for the moment it sits next to Scottie's POY from last year, the Steve Norse raffle pipe from last year, both unsmoked, and my David Jones Poker, the special shelf! I'm glad Mark was chosen for this year like the 2012 POY. I had joined at the end of 2012 and never thought I'd spend more than a hundred bucks on a pipe (80 bucks on the poker was the most I'd spent). I also hadn't expected to fall into PAD or TAD  Shocked

Various disorders involving pipe smoking are highly contagious through the Internet haha. Mine smokes great, after some very careful breaking in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Clay wrote:

Look something like this Clay?

If so, that's a helluva gorgeous finish!

bounce

Cheers,

RR

P.S. Just go ahead and smoke it. It's magic!

alien
Back to top Go down
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:43 pm

I'm with brewdude, smoke that bad boy! IMHO, it's the best part of owning a high quality pipe
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Hermit wrote:

I really like this one, just gorgeous blast and color combo! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Dutch wrote:
Hermit wrote:

I really like this one, just gorgeous blast and color combo! cheers cheers cheers

Golden Blast. Ask Mark to make you an amber stem with a slight bend. You won't be sorry. Trust me on this!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:43 pm

This just in from Mark Tinsky-

Hi Rande can you let the guys n the  forum know a black and tan POY has been added to  club pipe section of my web site here s a pix.

This makes me want to add a second one to the collection!

Cheers,

RR

Last edited by Brewdude on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clay

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 pm

[=http://www.servimg.com/view/19065929/12][/url]

Here she is! I have decided to smoke it, what though? Ha ha. Something mild with little ghosting qualities. Probably a Virginia and start with, small bowls
first, that's what I've done on the nicer pipes. I've had it for a week and can't decide on what to break it in with, any suggestions? Thinking a Virginia or Burley.
It wasn't to hard doing pictures, now to figure out how to rotate! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Durn nice looking pipe you got there Clay!

Cool 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Try McClelland Red & Black...a perfect VA blend for that Tinsky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clay

PostSubject: Re: The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.   Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:16 pm

Black and Red, sounds like a nice blend, I'm on self imposed TAD restriction til next year.
Fortunately I have lots of blends to try just sitting in the tin waiting.

I just popped the top on this tin and will give it a try this afternoon when I head into town.
I love this 2013 BoB POY, it's a very dry smoker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The official BoB 2015 pipe of the year.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next