HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Rossi Pipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Rossi Pipes   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:30 pm

I was down at one of the local cigar shops today, and I saw the has a few of the Rossi remakes for sale. I read up on them a little and discovered they have a long history and we're a competitors with Savinelli. The pipes I saw seem to be well made with no pits and good drilling. At around $60 the seemed like a pretty good deal for a production pipe.

Have any of you guys had experience with the new remakes? I've seen good reports around the boards, but would love to hear from someone here that has personal experience with them.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Rossi Pipes   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:25 am

Rossi pipes after WWII were essentially Savinellis.
They were considered to be "Savinelli Seconds" for the most part. I have an Oom Paul that smokes pretty decently. Not the best looking pipe, but reliable nonetheless.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Rossi Pipes   Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:59 pm

A local B&M has a right fair selection of Rossi pipes however I don't remember seeing any remakes. I really didn't care much for what I saw even though the prices were rather low even for a B&M. The pipes looked and felt cheap. YOMD. I can't comment on their smoking qualities having never smoked one. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Rossi Pipes   Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Look like Duca Carlos to me, probably a touch better. I have a DC that smokes sort of OK. This one looks fairly decent to me, for $72--assuming that's briar, and not particle board.

" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rossi Pipes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: Ye Olde Pipe Rack-
Jump to: