HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Let's Talk About Classy Headgear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EricTKT

Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Let's Talk About Classy Headgear   Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:30 pm

So, I recently got a job where I have to wear slacks, dress shirt and tie. Now, I have worn hats for as long as I can honestly remember, but I am not aloud to wear them in this new job. That being said, come winter time, I have been told that I can wear a nice/dressy hat when I have to go outside (as my job requires for short periods at a time). My questions for you gentlemen is: what are some hats that can be considered classy/dressy? My first thought would be a nice fedora, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Classy Headgear   Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:53 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Classy Headgear   Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:14 am

My honest opinion? A fedora can look a bit "costumey" in a business setting with anything less than a good suit. That's just me though. If you really own the look you can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Classy Headgear   Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:47 am

I also have worn hats most of my life and as far as what is probably the best value in an all fur hat made today are those made by Akubra in Australia. They are sold here in the US by David Morgan up in Seattle. One which I wear a lot is the Campdraft model which is the hat Akubra made for Stetson as the Open Road when they made Stetsons for sale in Australia back in the '50s/'60s and now sell under there own label. It's solid Rabbit fur, ( all beaver fur hats are mostly in the custom hat range and cost mucho hundreds of dollars these days) It's an open crown hat which means you can crease it as you like ad snap or roll the brim to your liking.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Classy Headgear   Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:05 am

How cold are your winters? Will you be wearing a coat out with your hat? A long coat goes a long way toward making a fedora look appropriate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Let's Talk About Classy Headgear
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1