HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 What made today worthwhile for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Simple Man

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Atlanta-ish
Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:11 pm

TMacphersonNH wrote:
I woke up this afternoon after my treatments to find a therapy cat curled up in my bed with me. Apparently he got loose in the hospital and decided to spend the afternoon with me. Made my whole day.

Very Happy Animals are wonderful! My little dog always knows when I am sick, he won't leave my side. I hope you will get better soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TMacphersonNH

avatar

Age : 51
Location : New Hope, PA
Registration date : 2013-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Yes. My Braddach always knows after my treatments to sit with me and my blanket. His unconditional love is one of the most extraordinary cures I have available.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:47 pm

TMacphersonNH wrote:
Yes. My Braddach always knows after my treatments to sit with me and my blanket. His unconditional love is one of the most extraordinary cures I have available.


Most excellent!!

I do believe THAT is what made my day worthwhile!

Just excellent.................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:50 am

The company I drive for just issued me a brand new red 2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution with a Detroit DD15 engine, and I am stuck in Shreveport eating Cajun food, and waiting for a load. It's been a vicious sensory cycle of Jambalya, Etouffee, and the smell of adhesives and sealants used in the construction of my new shiny rig.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipe Smoker

avatar

Age : 52
Location : Croatia
Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Stored 15 meters of firewood in the garage for winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Finished up a busy week at the brewery. Knee is stiff, but nothing that has prevented me from performing my due diligence on tasks. 

Reached a milestone in the new big musical project. Much done, yet much left to do. However, it's gaining momentum. 'nuff said there.

Apart from that, no windstorms, floods, earthquakes, eruptions (all of which we're subject to here in the PacNW). So anytime one of those isn't a part of the equation it's automatically a good day!

Very Happy 



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:05 pm

I have a service at the nursing home on Fridays, and that is always a good experience. About half the residents show up. Today was James of Jerusalem, so easy preaching points to pull together...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Jevverrett

avatar

Age : 35
Location : Meriden, Ct
Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Today I managed to get in 12hrs of overtime lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Another wonderful day of studying the Human Condition.... Totally enjoyed the observations of action/reaction involved in communications........

Fascinating day. Very fun!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 52
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Finally made it back to Knoxville and got the rest of my stuff out of my old tractor, and got it turned in. The last time I was this happy to get rid of something, was when I got divorced back in 93.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM



Age : 74
Location : Connecticut
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:48 pm

I learned that my daughter and son-in-law are pregnant. To celebrate this evening, I took a wee drop of Irish reviver, a pipe loaded with Uhle's Irish Aromatic, and a pair of binocs out to admire the Pleiades rising in the perfectly clear, star-filled Eastern sky. Glorious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

avatar

Age : 36
Location : Falls Church, Virginia
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:14 am

Congratulations, KevinM. Joyful news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:28 pm

cheers

wonderful news indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Kalamazoo, MI
Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Woke up Saturday morning to find all the snow shoveled from my walk and porch, and my car scraped free of ice. I have a suspect in mind, but if they want to be anonymous, so be it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:41 pm

KevinM wrote:
I learned that my daughter and son-in-law are pregnant.  To celebrate this evening, I took a wee drop of Irish reviver, a pipe loaded with Uhle's Irish Aromatic, and a pair of binocs out to admire the Pleiades rising in the perfectly clear, star-filled Eastern sky. Glorious.

Sounds like your son-in-law is going to make medical history. Big congrats to your daughter though !! Twisted Evil George was good to see your back ! We are FINALLY getting some rain and are supposed to get more ALL this coming week ! Water is always good down here !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:57 pm

leacha wrote:
My two year old running up to me and giving me a hug. Usually I have to ask for one.

That's ALWAYS good.......even when they get older it doesn't stop feeling special. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

sunny



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:34 pm

cheers
Brewdude wrote:
Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

sunny



Cheers,

RR

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
cheers
Brewdude wrote:
Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

sunny



Cheers,

RR

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesirree........and actually the first half of this epic adventure has already gone through the mastering phase and approved. It's the second half that has proven to be a bit more of a challenge for various reasons I won't go into just now. Suffice to say that this is a 3+ yr project that has taken on a life of its own.

And while that may seem a bit excessive time-wise to some, this musical lark is something I pursue in my spare time from the brewery. And often that can be all-consumptive.

Yet this truly is a labor of love, and will be so worth it in the end. Clearly the most ambitious project I've ever undertaken.

In the meantime I've put my website back up, iffen you're interested-

www.randereed.com



Cheers,

RR


Last edited by Brewdude on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Congratulations sir, I know your a happy man! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Congrats Rande I know it's been a long haul for you on this project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

avatar

Location : Diocese of Northern Indiana
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:22 pm

This pales by comparison to other events people have related, but I am easily pleased...

I had the first dentist's appointment in probably 30 years where I did not get the "keep an eye on these pockets" lecture with the gums. I asked the hygienist if she was just getting tired of it or if I had turned some corner. She said it was actually two appointments in a row that were this way. She must have given me a mini-lecture last time just out of habit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
cheers
Brewdude wrote:
Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

sunny



Cheers,

RR

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesirree........and actually the first half of this epic adventure has already gone through the mastering phase and approved. It's the second half that has proven to be a bit more of a challenge for various reasons I won't go into just now. Suffice to say that this is a 3+ yr project that has taken on a life of its own.

And while that may seem a bit excessive time-wise to some, this musical lark is something I pursue in my spare time from the brewery. And often that can be all-consumptive.

Yet this truly is a labor of love, and will be so worth it in the end. Clearly the most ambitious project I've ever undertaken.

In the meantime I've put my website back up, iffen you're interested-

www.randereed.com



Cheers,

RR

After a few last minute delays and hiccups, just approved the final masters for this epic adventure.

So it'll be sent in to the CD replication company sometime this week. Huge milestone!

In the meantime, I've begun work on the next project - an all instrumental Surf album. Plus the next acoustic project, as well as a "misc" album.

cherry



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Ozark Wizard wrote:
cheers
Brewdude wrote:
Just learned that my large and long running album project is finally headed to the mastering phase. So the finish line is finally within sight.

Even then, I'll need to approve the proof copy and make tweaks if necessary. After that it'll be headed to the CD replication folks and that will take additional time.

Yet, I'm very encouraged by this news. All the graphics are ready to go so that won't delay it.

So ya, that made my day!

sunny



Cheers,

RR

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesirree........and actually the first half of this epic adventure has already gone through the mastering phase and approved. It's the second half that has proven to be a bit more of a challenge for various reasons I won't go into just now. Suffice to say that this is a 3+ yr project that has taken on a life of its own.

And while that may seem a bit excessive time-wise to some, this musical lark is something I pursue in my spare time from the brewery. And often that can be all-consumptive.

Yet this truly is a labor of love, and will be so worth it in the end. Clearly the most ambitious project I've ever undertaken.

In the meantime I've put my website back up, iffen you're interested-

www.randereed.com



Cheers,

RR

After a few last minute delays and hiccups, just approved the final masters for this epic adventure.

So it'll be sent in to the CD replication company sometime this week. Huge milestone!

In the meantime, I've begun work on the next project - an all instrumental Surf album. Plus the next acoustic project, as well as a "misc" album.

cherry



Cheers,

RR

GOAL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

avatar

Age : 71
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What made today worthwhile for you?   Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:57 pm

May sound silly to most of you, but...last night and early this morning we received several hours of much-needed rain Very Happy After being deluged with aqua last year, this year started off dry. Four inches behind normal before the water came down yesterday!! Cleared out the pollen, settled the dust, and just smells wonderful from all that ozone Smile Hopefully more coming this afternoon!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
What made today worthwhile for you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Justice: Leonor Cipriano's lawyer is going to request the annulment of today's court session
» "Missing People" go to Downing Street today - and guess who's "Missing"!!!
» CL/C made mkIV helmet dated 1945
» Raymond McPhee Gets 12 Years at Edinburgh High Court Today
» Today's Daily Mail

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: