HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Was browsing around Al Pascia's site and found these two VERY GOOD concise histories of Charatan pipes that some folks might find interesting

http://www.alpascia.com/moments/d/Charatan-Pipes-i28211.html

http://www.alpascia.com/moments/d/Charatan-i27564.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:03 am

Interesting and informative. Thanks Michael. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 am

Yes, that is excellent. I had that one saved to PDF.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the "Underboar" pipes - sadly no picture is included. Has anyone seen one of these pipes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:52 am

Google is my friend...

This looks similar to the Comoys "Grand Slam" system. I have never seen one on a Charatan. I suspect most were removed and discarded.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:01 am

Since they look to be from the pre Herman Lane era I would imagine they would be VERY HARD to find over here !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil From the cut-away illustration, looks as though with time smoking that "plunger" would hang up on the tars collected on the sloped airway to the bowl and should result in some interesting and tasty results Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:49 pm

There have been some really interesting gizmos applied to pipes over the years and this is a new one to me. Thanks for sharing the information guys!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found   Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Looks like a built in tamper that you could take out while smoking, and put it back in place when on the go. Would probably be a lot more functional that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The best history of Charatan Pipes I've found
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1