HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 pm

And I can honestly say that after talking to him for well over an hour late yesterday evening, he must look 100% exactly like his avatar.

(it really is him)  

lol!

Just messing with you, Brother.  Enjoyed that chat, and look forward to many more to come.
It was very nice to hear the voice behind the keyboard, after what - 4 years?

Keep on Trucking, Dutch, and feel free to call anytime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:33 pm

That's pretty much how I've always pictured him. (I look nothing like my avatar, BTW.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:41 pm

My avatar is pretty close to what I look like.....

Only younger........
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Hey Rob, it was great talking with you as well, and I look forward to doing it again! Next time I come to Missouri for a load of Budweiser, maybe we can get together and smoke a pipe. cheers cheers cheers

BTW, down here, we all look pretty much like my avatar. Plus, if we aren't married or divorced from our cousin, we have at least dated one or three. Usually at the same time. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 pm

I am seriously hoping that that is exactly how Dutch looks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 am

Dutch wrote:
Hey Rob, it was great talking with you as well, and I look forward to doing it again! Next time I come to Missouri for a load of Budweiser, maybe we can get together and smoke a pipe. cheers cheers cheers

Next time you come through this way, just let me know.  And Yes, a pipe or two is in order.  I'm only an hour from St. Louis, so that's not a problem either.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:16 am

I think he trimmed his beard a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:09 am

riff raff wrote:
I think he trimmed his beard a little.
lol!

I wouldn't count on it. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:27 am

I must say that, amongst others, Dutch has one of the coolest Avatars on the BoB. Good to learn that our comms are extending beyond the keyboard too. If I recall correctly some of the Brothers have even managed to hook up during road trips. That surely has to be a measure of a great community?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:46 am

Stick.

I've met with several of the BoBers down through the years... And enjoyed it in all but one occurance.

I talk to LL OR George or whatever you feel like calling him occasionally on the phone. And one inactive member on Facebook.

I'd enjoy meeting you and intend too as soon as they finish the bridge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:53 am

George Kaplan wrote:
That's pretty much how I've always pictured him. (I look nothing like my avatar, BTW.)

I figured.  I've always assumed you were this guy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:08 pm

You caught me, Bowman. The cap hides my bald spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:27 pm

idbowman wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:

I figured.  I've always assumed you were this guy:

Actually George is this man in disguise. He just doesn't believe it, yet... Smile

AJ

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:27 pm

You caught me, AJ. The powdered wig hides my bald spot.
I see compliments remain your weapon of choice, but how did you know TJ was one of my favorites?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:43 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Stick...  

I'd enjoy meeting you and intend too as soon as they finish the bridge.

Thanks PB Sir. I think!!!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:01 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
You caught me, AJ. The powdered wig hides my bald spot.
I see compliments remain your weapon of choice, but how did you know TJ was one of my favorites?

I believe I told you I recognized the potential. There are characteristics and talents both of you share. I could continue but how much more embarrassment can you stand? Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.   Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:40 am

I don't look like my avatar either. I'm much more handsome in person. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Talked to Dutch on the phone late yesterday evening.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1