HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

how do Mr Craig Ashton pipes compare?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: how do Mr Craig Ashton pipes compare?   Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 am

My only experience with Ashton pipes was a custom lx bent bulldog that was made by Bill for me back in 2005 or 2006. It was a great pipe but stupidly I sold it like all my pipes from that time in my life. I have been chatting with Mr Craig about a custom pipe and wondering how they compare to Mr Taylor's pipes, Ferndown, and Northern Briar pipes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: how do Mr Craig Ashton pipes compare?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:55 pm

So no one has responded to this post. Yikes.
I'll put in my two cents here in that case. I LOVE Jim Craig's Ashton pipes and have many. They smoke no differently from Bill Taylor's handwork. He uses the same oil curing method and does everything the same as Bill did. I have had over 60 Ashton's at one time and are my favorite British pipe. Jim has his son Dean working with him now and is doing a fine business and making excellent smoking pipes. I shall see him tomorrow in Las Vegas at the West Coast Pipe Show and look forward to seeing what he has brought over the pond with him. I already have one reserved!!! I've never been disappointed with an Ashton pipe, be it a Taylor made or Craig made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

how do Mr Craig Ashton pipes compare?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1