HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 pm

A.H. Fox A grade, 16ga, c. 1923...

Parker SC Single Barrel Trap, from 1926...

Edit: dates updated after checking my records.

Last edited by Idlefellow on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 pm

I dont have one but love a good vintage Beretta shotgun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Nice looking firearm and excellent photography too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Use to have a side by side from the 1800's 12ga. with hammers and Damascus barrels.
Don't remember the brand name now but, it was a sweet gun but, I got rid of it a couple
of years ago cause it was just a pain to get reloads for, besides I can't shoulder a large caliber
rifle nowadays cause of my back anyway.
That's some sweet ones you got there for sure and love the graphics on the old shell boxes. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Fox shotguns were made not too far from me at one time and the L.C.Smith factory was a hop skip and jump from here. There's lots of these fine doubles in the area but nobody is willing to part with them. I've been trying for years to find a 20 gauge Smith even at an unreasonable price but they're like gold. Enjoy yours.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:59 pm

I have my father's 1943 Winchester model 12 shotgun that I had cleaned this year, it hadn't been shot since 1965
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:46 pm

I have 2 Parker SxS's both 12 gauge, one a DH from 1903 the other a PH from 1923.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Lysander

Registration date : 2014-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:34 pm

I quail hunt with a LC Smith field grade, 16 gauge made in 1934. Not as beautiful as the OP's shotgun but quite functional. I love SxSs with double triggers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
7ach

Registration date : 2013-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:53 pm

i have an early 1910 sterlingworth that was my great grandads. its a fun gun to shoot. i take it trap shooting at least once a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Nice Fox pin gun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natrix

Registration date : 2015-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:20 am

Nice shotgun !

Really love side by side but only got a semi-automatic for goose and duck hunt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Huge fan of the vintage shotguns. For me it's just not a real shotgun if it doesn't have mule ears on it. That said I won't get any that are as nice as the ones posted. I'm really hard on guns and anything that nice would have to stay locked up for me to own it. Been through quite a few of the old workhorse shotguns. It's also pretty much the only way to get a 16ga anymore.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Need to know, do you only consider s by s dbl barrel shotguns as "Vintage" or do older pumps work as well ? I have two Model 12s, my father's 1948 duck gun , 30 " full choke barrel and a 1946 field model with a 26" IC barrel. They are pretty vintage to me !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 am

monbla256 wrote:
Need to know, do you only consider s by s dbl barrel shotguns as "Vintage" or do older pumps work as well ? I have two Model 12s, my father's 1948 duck gun , 30 " full choke barrel and a 1946 field model with a 26" IC barrel. They are pretty vintage to me !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

They definitely qualify as far as I'm concerned; the Model 12 is an American classic for sure cheers !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Jumping in a bit late on this thread but Yes. I am a shooter/collector of small gauge doubles. Ansley Fox Sterlingworth 20 bore, LC Smith 20 bore and others. I do not have any so called high grade guns, more field grade and utilitarian doubles that I use for upland bird hunting. And I partake in plenty of skeet/5 stand shooting with more recently made small gauge doubles. 28 gauge is my favorite to play with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 am

Younger days had a German side by side double, a "Falk". Three number serial, hammers, "fluid steel" barrel. English style wood (meaning not much wood at all), 16 gauge. Gun might have weighed 5 pounds. It was a magic wand when it came to partridge shooting (g). One of younger brothers put in 410 tubes because the barrel had become so pitted. Bought the wife a Stoeger (sp?) today, 20 gauge over and under. Seems awful muzzle heavy to me, but she's happy..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

PostSubject: Re: Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?   Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:23 pm

docwatson wrote:
Jumping in a bit late on this thread but Yes. I am a shooter/collector of small gauge doubles. Ansley Fox Sterlingworth 20 bore, LC Smith 20 bore and others. I do not have any so called high grade guns, more field grade and utilitarian doubles that I use for upland bird hunting. And I partake in plenty of skeet/5 stand shooting with more recently made small gauge doubles. 28 gauge is my favorite to play with.

Sterlingworths are great guns and used to be one of the best bargains in vintage double guns; however, the word has gotten out.  I have them in 20, 16 and 12 gauge...

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any Brothers use or enjoy vintage shotguns?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1