HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:26 am

If you believe in the power of prayer or the force of unified thought, then please on this thanksgiving day, when you gather with your friends and family and send out thoughts and prayers for those who cannot be home, keep our own Carlos in your prayers. He is in the hospital recovering, and will not be home with his family.

This place probably owes more to Carlos than to any other single person. He was one of the original members, back when it was merely a handful, is presently doing the admin work (the daily heavy lifting) for the forum, is the one moderator here who always wants to give a person the benefit of the doubt and goes the extra mile to make (often) uncomfortable personal contact when something has gone afoul. In all these years Carlos has stuck it out, remained cool, remained caring, and is one of the biggest reasons this place still has a postive vibe.

Carlos my friend, get better and get home soon! C'mon man, it's thanksgiving! Hospital turkey? Shocked Mad

As a side note, let's please not bombard him with pm's, email, etc. Let the man rest. Last I heard his phone is probably about dead and he may not be online for a while, so please just post any desired comments in this thread.

Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:11 am

I'm greatly saddened to learn of this news PD. Having Carlos in the hospital anytime is tragic, especially so on Thanksgiving day.

My most sincere T&P and positive vibes/mojo are headed in his direction. May he recover quickly and fully and return home to be with his loved ones.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:29 am

Carlos our prayers and best wishes are with you sir and hopes of a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:37 am

Here's a thanksgiving. Thank you Carlos for all your help around the place, it is much appreciated. And I'm sending thoughts and prayers your way, hoping you can escape hospital hale and hearty ASAP.

Thanks again

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Best wishes & praying for Carlos. And happy TG to everyone.
Back to top Go down
tslots

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 pm

When I'm gathered around my family table later today, I will lift my glass for Carlos and pray that he will be doing the same very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fumus

Registration date : 2014-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Thanks for letting us know PD. Will/am definitely saying prayers for Carlos and his family.

And to Carlos: Get better soon sir and know that we're all pulling for you, and we thank you for all your hard work making and keeping this such an incredibly cool site, on the internet. Anyone who has spent any time at all cruising the world wide web can easily see just how awesome this site is when compared to the vast majority of other places out there. So again, thank you. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Positive thoughts his way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Thoughts your way Carlos. Warm thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Very sorry to learn about Carlos; hopefully he'll be home soon! I'm sure there are plenty of prayers, thoughts, and above all burnt offerings for his health!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Get well soon Carlos. And thanks for all you do for the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:41 pm

In the meantime.. Guys bug me or Mark for any of your asinine request... But mostly mark because I probably won't answer you. For that matter he probably won't answer you. Very Happy

Carlos, if you are reading this.. Love ya brother. Won't make any more fuss than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:23 pm

I will light a candle and send best wishes indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:06 pm

Prayers said and will continue.

Founding BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
BoB Bombers Squadron Reserve CoCommander reactivated. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 am

God Speed on a quick recovery Carlos! I hope you are home soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 am

Quantum entanglement healing vibes are already beaming your way, Carlos.  sunny  Get well soon, amigo.  

PD: Thanks for the heads up, mah brothah. You're right, of course; Carlos has been a mainstay...nay, a veritable pillar of BoB-ness from Day 2, back in the daze when the old gang migrated from the KCC board. The guiding hand of civility provided by Carlos (and you, PB, all the other old-timers, and the other BoB mods) has kept BoB a decent place (...notwithstanding the inevitable occasional pitfalls that molest any open forum) that even wayward mutants like yours truly can return to now and again.

So, lemmee just take this opportunity to let my thanks to Carlos spill over onto you and the othah brothahs who keep BoB running.  Exclamation

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Boulder&Briar

Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:49 pm

Dear brother Carlos, thank you for all that you do! For BOB and all that has made this forum great, and for what you do outside of this forum. I you are in all of our best wishes, prayers, positive thoughts. I hope you recovery is swift like smoke in the wind, and you are able to get home and enjoy your weekend with your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.boulderandbriar.com
MichaelM

Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Thinking of you Carlos. I hope you are doing well and back home soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCha16KUMQOZfkW_RgR7eA3Q
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:06 pm

My eyes are all teared up. You guys are the best! sunny

I am sure not everyone has seen this yet. And that's ok. I know I don't read everything posted to the board. But y'all make it work.

I can tell you one thing for sure. A heart attack is not always the stabbing sharp pain you might think it is. I had been busy outside. Came inside and was still busy. Finally sat down in my chair after the work was done and got hit with indigestion and sudden sweating. I can sweat like a downpour. I just could not seem to get that lump out of my throat.

But to be fair, we are just talking a couple minutes. I got real restless. Then pain in my middle and upper back. Light pain appeared in my left arm and left lower jaw and teeth. None of the pain was severe, but I could not sit still. Took a baby aspirin, should have taken 4 of them I am told. I was in the Cath Lab within an hour of the start so that was probably a good thing. They removed a blood clot and installed a stent. I was ready to go home at that point, but they kept me till midday today.

Y'all ever get anything like this. With pain on the scale not exceeding 3 or 4. So you might think it's minor. Still, get yourself to an ER and get a 12 lead on you.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Carlos wrote:
My eyes are all teared up.  You guys are the best!  sunny

I am sure not everyone has seen this yet.  And that's ok.  I know I don't read everything posted to the board.  But y'all make it work.  

I can tell you one thing for sure.  A heart attack is not always the stabbing sharp pain you might think it is.  I had been busy outside.  Came inside and was still busy.  Finally sat down in my chair after the work was done and got hit with indigestion and sudden sweating.  I can sweat like a downpour.  I just could not seem to get that lump out of my throat.

But to be fair, we are just talking a couple minutes.  I got real restless.  Then pain in my middle and upper back.  Light pain appeared in my left arm and left lower jaw and teeth.  None of the pain was severe, but I could not sit still.  Took a baby aspirin, should have taken 4 of them I am told.  I was in the Cath Lab within an hour of the start so that was probably a good thing.  They removed a blood clot and installed a stent.  I was ready to go home at that point, but they kept me till midday today.

Y'all ever get anything like this.  With pain on the scale not exceeding 3 or 4.  So you might think it's minor.  Still, get yourself to an ER and get a 12 lead on you.

I'm glad to hear you got through it. There scary things and everyone seems to have different symptoms when it comes to this stuff. Take it easy from now on and pace yourself, your family and us need you around here,............at least for a little while longer. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Glad to know you are back home and recovering! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Carlos, all the best to you and a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Very sobering to read that Carlos. Many of us would have brushed it off and carried on with the inevitable results. You've made me think a bit with your experience.

The important thing is that you got yourself to a hospital and were treated in time. Scary stuff to be sure.

Heed the Doc's advice on the recovery period. All guys seem to think they are indestructible until something like this comes along.

Very glad to know you're in the land of the living and can now address the recovery. Take it slow and easy. You need to be with us for a long time yet.

Very Happy 

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
RobJ

Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Super glad to hear you're home Carlos. Best wishes and prayers from me for a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.   Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Carlos,
Glad to hear you are on the mend from your cardiac episode. I had a similar thing a few years ago and like you, I did not 'brush it off' but got myself to the ER and things came out much better. Your words of experience and wisdom concerning this are very welcomed and I hope others here listen. Take your time and get better bro. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Communal thanksgiving thoughts/prayers for one of our own.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next