HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Shotgun rec's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun rec's   Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:14 pm

So you are figuring to put muffs on before grabbing your shotgun in the middle of the night? Even a 12ga at in the house distances might give you a 4 to 6 inch pattern. Add a Dead Ringer ghost ring and a light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun rec's   Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Bullwinkle wrote:
So you are figuring to put muffs on before grabbing your shotgun in the middle of the night? Even a 12ga at in the house distances might give you a 4 to 6 inch pattern. Add a Dead Ringer ghost ring and a light.

No, I'm only noting that WITH muffs, the 12 gauge sounds the same as my .357...

I don't think finding and putting on ear protection, with someone in the house, would be very wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun rec's   Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:30 pm

An aspect of this whole thing is just what you are going to do when you USE a weapon for home defense. If you decide to do this, remember, your aim is to KILL the person as dead men can't say anything against you. You need to be truly willing to KILL another person if you decide to take this action. Fifteen years ago I had to do this with a guy who came in my house and pulled a pistol on me when I confronted him in my hallway. I put two blasts from my model 12 in him blowing his left arm and shoulder off with the first round and part of his lower jaw with the second. I killed him and spent the next 5 years in and out of court concerning the incident. I finally was able t put it all to rest with his family legally but it was far more involved than I ever realized it would be. When deciding what weapon to use, consider the WHOLE PACKAGE that you will be confronted with and have to live with after . Just lowering the gun and walking away only happens in the movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun rec's   Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 pm

monbla256 wrote:
An aspect of this whole thing is just what you are going to do when you USE a weapon for home defense. If you decide to do this, remember, your aim is to KILL the person as dead men can't say anything against you. You need to be truly willing to KILL another person if you decide to take this action. Fifteen years ago I had to do this with a guy who came in my house and pulled a pistol on me when I confronted him in my hallway. I put two blasts from my model 12 in him blowing his left arm and shoulder off with the first round and part of his lower jaw with the second. I killed him and spent the next 5 years in and out of court concerning the incident. I finally was able t put it all to rest with his family legally but it was far more involved than I ever realized it would be. When deciding what weapon to use, consider the WHOLE PACKAGE that you will be confronted with and have to live with after . Just lowering the gun and walking away only happens in the movies.

Don't know what to say to that Michael. You did what you had to do under the circumstances. No judgment on my part.

A cautionary tale to be sure. And hopefully none of us has to go through that. It must have been an emotional and expensive endeavor.

No Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Shotgun rec's   Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Brewdude wrote:
monbla256 wrote:

Don't know what to say to that Michael. You did what you had to do under the circumstances. No judgment on my part.

A cautionary tale to be sure. And hopefully none of us has to go through that. It must have been an emotional and expensive endeavor.

No Cheers,

RR

Thanks for your thoughts BD. There is a lot of Rambo style responsise to this subject and most focusing on "THE gun" to use but I had never heard any one talk about the WHOLE aspect of the subject and thought I'd relay my experiences. It was expensive, almost $12,00.00 in legal expenses over the 5 years. There was also the cost of fixing my house when it was all over. There's nothing neat and easy about "home defense: as it is depicted in the movies. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Shotgun rec's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2