HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Oh my............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Politicians take bribes, big business use corrupt practices... Sleep Sleep Sleep
Oops, sorry, where was I? Oh yes - Disgusting! Terrible!

Ok, sorry for the above, I guess it's just a reflection of modern life that this news neither shocks nor suprises me Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Bribes exist since humankind exist. That's probably because greed is part of human nature?
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Bribes to change legislation in a way favourable to big business.

That is called lobbying, in the USA. What was the crime again?

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Sounds like buidness as usual. Remember, ALL major tobacco firms sell MORE product, mainly ciggs, in third world countries than they do in either Europe or the US so these markets are what matters most to them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:39 pm

As shameful as it is it's a normal business practice.   Sad

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:31 am

It's only horrible because third hand smoke kills 1,897,634 people per day, per country, all across the globe. It's true, ask any anti-smoke Nazi.

Personally I think someone needs to investigate the bribes Big Pork has been paying to get bacon normalized as a food source, dreadful stuff! Stop second hand frying!!! It's for the children!!! Maple flavored bacon is sold simply to entice the young to eat bacon! Stop the insanity!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:41 am

Carlos wrote:
Bribes to change legislation in a way favorable to big business.

That is called lobbying, in the USA.  What was the crime again?

Exactly! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 am

Carlos wrote:
Bribes to change legislation in a way favourable to big business.

That is called lobbying, in the USA.  What was the crime again?

Getting caught. These disgruntled ex-employee whistleblowers fail to impress me with their sudden virtue. At least this guy didn't use his gun at company headquarters and take out a handful of his colleagues--though who is to say he didn't think about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:57 pm

What?? Bribery at the UN!! Bribery in East Africa!! I'm shocked!! Shocked, I say!!!! Suspect Suspect cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:21 pm

ftrplt wrote:
What?? Bribery at the UN!! Bribery in East Africa!! I'm shocked!! Shocked, I say!!!! Suspect Suspect cheers FTRPLT

...and if you can't trust the governments of the world, who can you trust? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:07 am

Nice! Just what we need to improve the public opinion of tobacco. sunny

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Help me out here, this guy isn't a lobbyist then? Stick, is there an equivalent of that job in the uk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Jevverrett wrote:
Help me out here, this guy isn't a lobbyist then? Stick, is there an equivalent of that job in the uk?
No, I doubt this chap was trying to win favour for personal gain. It seems to me more like he grew increasingly more uncomfortable with what he was being asked to do. If BAT then made him grumpy over an issue it was the perfect opportunity for him to blow the whistle...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations    Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Oh, I see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

British American Tobacco Co bribery allegations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1