HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 2015: done.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:47 pm

Well folks, my department finished work today for the Christmas break and boy do I need it. I'm looking forward to some serious family time for the next few weeks and of course several bowls. As is the done thing, like Col 'Hal' Moore I made sure I was the last one off the battlefield.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

avatar

Age : 45
Location : Kitchener, Ontario CANADA
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Enjoy your time off, Stick. I've got one more day then we're heading to warmer climes before running home for Christmas. I wager most of us are looking forward to down time and a leisurely bowl Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Jolly good for you Stick mate. Me, no time off over the hols. Folks have to have their tipple tha knows!

Wink


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Rande, it's a good job you seem to enjoy your work mate and it's a shame you're not getting more stand down. I really hope you get a chance to enjoy a few more bowls than usual over Christmas, perhaps when you're cruising the BoB...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:21 pm

ontariopiper wrote:
Enjoy your time off, Stick. I've got one more day then we're heading to warmer climes before running home for Christmas. I wager most of us are looking forward to down time and a leisurely bowl Wink

Thanks OP. Safe trip home old chap and here's to those leisurely bowls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

avatar

Age : 51
Location : On the road.......
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Good to hear you are getting some much deserved time off Stick! Hopefully you will have a great holiday, and be rested and ready for 2016.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

avatar

Age : 71
Location : DFW Metroplex, Texas
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Stick wrote:
Well folks, my department finished work today for the Christmas break and boy do I need it. I'm looking forward to some serious family time for the next few weeks and of course several bowls. As is the done thing, like Col 'Hal' Moore I made sure I was the last one off the battlefield.


You be one lucky dude ! In over 50 years of working I NEVER got more than 4 days off for 'Fritmas !! You work for the govm'nt ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Stick wrote:
Rande, it's a good job you seem to enjoy your work mate and it's a shame you're not getting more stand down. I really hope you get a chance to enjoy a few more bowls than usual over Christmas, perhaps when you're cruising the BoB...


No worries David me ol' mukker, it's horses for courses an'all.


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Enjoy your time Sir. Good to hunker down for the Winter Solstice....

Best wishes for you Holidays!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 am

monbla256 wrote:
Stick wrote:
Well folks, my department finished work today for the Christmas break and boy do I need it. I'm looking forward to some serious family time for the next few weeks and of course several bowls. As is the done thing, like Col 'Hal' Moore I made sure I was the last one off the battlefield.


You work for the govm'nt ? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Suspect Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:50 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Enjoy your time Sir. Good to hunker down for the Winter Solstice....

Best wishes for you Holidays!

You too OW.

Not much hunkering required here in the UK at the moment mate. One would be forgiven for thinking the Winter Solstice should be the depths of the winter here in Blighty. At the moment we've got daffodil growers in the SW kick starting their businesses and selling to the major super markets, and we have an unprecedented quantity of other wild flowers beginning to emerge.

Jan and Feb are traditionally our coldest months but I tell ye, ol' Jack Frost is seriously going to have to pull his socks up to pull this one out of the bag...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobJ

avatar

Location : Mukilteo, Washington USA
Registration date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Good for you Stick! I'm also off, until Jan. 4th anyway.

Full disclosure - I do not work for the government. I just save my paid time off as it accumulates during the year and use most of it during Christmas time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 44
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 2015: done.   Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:11 am

Enjoy your vacation Stick, & happy holidays..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
2015: done.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Go Dutch.......why wait until 2015?
» Road to Miss America 2015 - NY WON
» Most likely result of the general election in 2015?
» ROAD TO MISS USA 2015- COMPLETE COVERAGE- Oklahoma Won!!
» Qu?nh Paris ra m?t BST Xun H 2015 ? Style Fashion Week

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Life Events-
Jump to: