HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:04 am

A nice bomb tore through my shed yesterday and startled the horses. Smile I got a wide selection on Peterson blends. I tried the Peterson Aran, and it is fairly good. I look forward to trying the others shortly. Thanks, bomber!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
WarlockBob

Registration date : 2012-09-30

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:37 am

Also! For those of you who participated in the international bombing (of which I am eternally grateful for your help), I have created a special badge for your signature. I figured this was a pretty momentous occasion, and co-commander Ocelot agreed with me.

If you'd like it, you can steal it off of my signature, or I can email it to you directly. Your choice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 pm

WarlockBob wrote:
Also! For those of you who participated in the international bombing (of which I am eternally grateful for your help), I have created a special badge for your signature. I figured this was a pretty momentous occasion, and co-commander Ocelot agreed with me.

If you'd like it, you can steal it off of my signature, or I can email it to you directly. Your choice!

Nice looking badge!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:08 pm

OK, new to this, so I will ask........

?Que es una 'signature'?

How do I put it up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
OK, new to this, so I will ask........

?Que es una 'signature'?

How do I put it up?

I'm with Ozark! How do we do the fancy thing? Hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Have the bombers ever had a permanent sticky thread with info? It would be cool to have one that had like a "bombers oath". And it could also have definitions for typically bomber terms. AND you could put a list of badges and a definition of what each one is! I see many of you have multiple and I have often been curious about what they meant or were for. Just a suggestion Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:39 pm

First you click on "Profile" at the top when you are in one of the forums.

Then choose "Signature" at the top after Information.

That will open up a box for you to post your sig. And you can then post copy, an image, or whatever.

For the bombing icons I believe you c&p them under the usual image protocol.

Someone more well versed in the bombing badges can explain this. I believe BH once spelled this out.

HTH

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 pm

kaitlyn3837 wrote:
Have the bombers ever had a permanent sticky thread with info? It would be cool to have one that had like a "bombers oath". And it could also have definitions for typically bomber terms. AND you could put a list of badges and a definition of what each one is! I see many of you have multiple and I have often been curious about what they meant or were for. Just a suggestion Smile

These are all good ideas. I'd like to see something like that happen as well. I'll consult with co-command and see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 am

Yes K, splendid idea!

Being across the pond kind of excludes me from the jolly japes of the bombers, but I do enjoy watching how things progress. I've been a regular for a couple of years now and still wonder at the badges.

Gets my vote!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 am

Stick wrote:
Being across the pond kind of excludes me from the jolly japes of the bombers....

You keep telling yourself that! I'm sure Timbo thought he was safe in Australia, and we have hit the UK before. If we can see you, we can bomb you!

Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:

These are all good ideas. I'd like to see something like that happen as well. I'll consult with co-command and see what we can do.

Sweet! Can't wait to see how it plays out Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:18 pm

I need someone to explain in small words what all the bomb/plane/whatever icons mean. This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, and I know Kaitlyn asked for pretty much the same thing, but I am too wordy to just post

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Hey, my first medal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
I need someone to explain in small words what all the bomb/plane/whatever icons mean. This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, and I know Kaitlyn asked for pretty much the same thing, but I am too wordy to just post

+1

On mine below, top row, the outlined bomb is 20 missions, the red 5 missions, black one
Bottom row, a 'stealth' mission several years ago, the Aussie mission, and the 'purple heart,' one for each time you've been bombed
Back to top Go down
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 am

This is too cool, thanks for the info. I had just figured somebody in command would decorate bombers, in a manner of speaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:15 pm

DrT999 wrote:
On mine below, top row, the outlined bomb is 20 missions, the red 5 missions, black one
Bottom row, a 'stealth' mission several years ago, the Aussie mission, and the 'purple heart,' one for each time you've been bombed

Don't short-change yourself, Dr. T. The outlined "T" bomb is for 25 missions. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:51 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

Don't short-change yourself, Dr. T. The outlined "T" bomb is for 25 missions. Wink

I stand corrected -- must be combat fatigue from all that flying!
Back to top Go down
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:45 pm

New mission thread has just been posted. Please check it out.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t32372-operation-groundhog-runfebruary-bob-bombing-thread#448871
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:57 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:

Oh, I thought it was twenty as well. Off to change my sig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:43 pm

So...when I thought I had gotten away unscathed from the madness of the last mission, I was annihilated earlier this week! I was finally able to dig out of the rubble from the devastation with immense gratitude for one of our great brothers:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
juanmedusa

Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:14 am

Wow, what a hit! Is that a pipe cleaner sleeve on the McClelland tins? Enjoy it, Brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:43 am

Good grief!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run   Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:07 pm

juanmedusa wrote:
Wow, what a hit! Is that a pipe cleaner sleeve on the McClelland tins? Enjoy it, Brother.

Yessir, it is, good eye!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Year, New 'Baccy! January Bombing Run
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4