HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes   Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 am

Anybody out there have any by this wonderful pipemaker? I've got 4 from the first year I started smoking pipes in the mid 90's, only 1 is an autograph. It is my all time favorite pipe, a small curvy Dublin with broken plateau - just beautiful. The others have their charm for sure, but now that I'm baack after a nearly 10 year hiatus I have to have 2 of them worked on, but that's another story (stems look like they've been through a war).

The main point of my post is stated in the first sentence. Curious if others have as high an opinion of him as I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes   Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:56 pm

I have one, a large bent with a plateau top. Older one, double-signature with his bud Jorge (?) somebody!! Great smoking pipe!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes   Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:49 pm

I have owned several of his pipes. I now have two. The two I have are great pipes. One, i call it "little guy" is just terrific. The other, a lovely oom paul is a great looking pipe, but the stem is restricted where it was bent. I have found his pipes to almost always be great lookers. His mechanics, maybe, not so much. I have had several that had an airway that hit well above the bottom of the bowl. As noted, he does not seem to work as much on the airway, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes   Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:30 pm

I've owned a couple.  One was a particularly great shape:  a full bent, large, swooping egg with flowing lines and then the top was sharp and angular.  Filled the hand and felt great in the hand. It was really kind of cool and unique.  I hated his carbon coating.  It took me a LONG time to break it in, and the wood itself was a bit funky as well.  Almost no grain pattern at all.  The entire pipe was like that unsightly "bald" spot of non-grain you see on some pipes (I've seen it on Peterson smooths more than any other brand).  If the shape hadn't been so spectacular, I wouldn't have bothered with it.  It was an okay smoker after I battled it for too long, but to be honest, the whole experience soured me to following him any further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes   Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes   Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:18 pm

I had a Nachwalter Canadian a while back. The engineering was superb and a fairly good smoker, if it weren't for the aro ghost I just couldn't exorcise. My herd went a different direction and I ended up passing it on to one of the bros here. I was left with the impression the man knows what he's doing. Should Isee another similar, Imight just snatch it up.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Elliot Nachtwalter Pipes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1