HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bought a new (to me) truck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:02 am

I actually got financed is the bigger news here lol.

I needed to downgrade and go more family friendly. So, I got a 2012 Chevy Colorado. It's one of those trucks with four doors and the short bed. It is a 4x4 with a smaller engine than my older Silverado, and has all the power features in it. I take delivery on it today, just in time for the storm we don't seem to be getting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:09 am

Jevverrett wrote:
I actually got financed is the bigger news here lol.

I needed to downgrade and go more family friendly. So, I got a 2012 Chevy Colorado. It's one of those trucks with four doors and the short bed. It is a 4x4 with a smaller engine than my older Silverado, and has all the power features in it. I take delivery on it today, just in time for the storm we don't seem to be getting.

Congrats! I have a Silverado LB. As to the storm, trust me, you don't want it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 am

I had a 2500HD, with the extended cab, big v8, and the long bed. I loved that truck. Never let me down in life and was a bear in the snow. (Not to say it hibernated until spring) This one reminds me more of a blazer with a short truck bed. Rides really smooth too, feels weird driving it. My brothers were busting my chops about it, asking if they kept my manhood with the trade in lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:23 am

Jevverrett wrote:
I had a 2500HD, with the extended cab, big v8, and the long bed. I loved that truck. Never let me down in life and was a bear in the snow. (Not to say it hibernated until spring) This one reminds me more of a blazer with a short truck bed. Rides really smooth too, feels weird driving it. My brothers were busting my chops about it, asking if they kept my manhood with the trade in lol

lol! Well, they are brothers after all. I love mine, but it does use a bit of gas...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:33 am

40$ a week at 2$ a gallon, I live about 15 miles from my job... Yeah, I needed a smaller truck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Love me a good pickemup truck. Had a '78 F150 for a couple years but it turned into a black hole for $$ (got it used with over 200K miles on it). Sucker always started no matter what the weather.

When I was looking around for another ride a while back I seriously considered a new 4WD F150. Extended cab (smaller seats in back and small doors behind the front doors that open to provide rear-seat access), short bed. The Ford reliability is bulletproof IMO.

Biggest drawback for me was the mpg, and the fact it wouldn't fit into my garage. Plus the issue that I don't really need a hauling vehicle.

I did like the 4WD feature, since getting off my hill in snowy weather is a factor. But the idea of removing the snow and scraping the windows has less appeal than it did when I was a bit younger.

When the time is right I'll get another F150.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:28 pm

Pics will follow. I got called yesterday by the dealer to tell me they were pulling out bc of the storm. Have to get it Monday now. I'm not happy about it, I had planned some tomfoolery to test the truck out during the wee hours last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:55 pm

So, it's a long and tragic story full of heartbreak, betrayal and the power of threatening to sue. The short version is this. Truck I wanted was an auction car and a pos. They sold it to me anyway, supposedly by mistake. After a great struggle, they got me into something much better, and knocked 4200 off the price. Also they bought me and my gf dinner, a tank of gas and gave me a free lifetime power train warranty. Behold the 2012 pathfinder. 43000 miles, excellent conditions do a 4x4 to boot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new (to me) truck   Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:40 am

sorry to hear that it was so much trouble for you.  thanks for the pic

you sure have a lot of mailboxes for your place
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bought a new (to me) truck
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1