HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Never really thought I'd live to see this day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 pm

17 odd years ago in a moment of utter privation I had to sell off a family heirloom. A near mint Colt military revolver in 38 S&W. It was my Great grandmothers service revolver. She was an MP during WW2. Low and behold browsing through a local pawn shop I spot a very minty looking Colt. Having seen quite a few of these over the years looking to find this gun I've been burned a few times. 90% of the ones I've come across have a British or Australian broad arrow stamped on them. Well I ask to see it. As soon as he took it out of the case I knew this was it. I start looking over the stamping and find the numbers I had burned into my memory all those years ago. After much haggling the gun is off the rack and waiting for my tax return to come in. Once I pick it up I'll post pics. Just thought y'all should know sometimes the hunt takes years but stick with it and eventually you might be rewarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:20 pm

That's pretty awesome.

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:02 am

An amazing find, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:03 am

A great recovery, one that must have felt great. Having to cash in a gun really sucks. Please do post pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:46 am

That is an awesome story. I look forward to the pics! Congrats. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 am

That's great! Years ago I had to sell my Mastertone banjo and I've never gotten over it. I have another of the same vintage today, and I'm pretty happy with it, but it's not "my" Mastertone. Glad the Colt has found its way home!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briarbabe

Registration date : 2013-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Never really thought I'd live to see this day   Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 am

That's pretty awesome, glad to hear that it's back where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://traceyleezle.wordpress.com

Never really thought I'd live to see this day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1