HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sore Throat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tperoda85

Registration date : 2015-02-26

PostSubject: Sore Throat   Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:09 pm

At the end of January I bought an estate pipe, cleaned it, then tried smoking it. Ever since I've been wrestling a weird sore throat that feels like a combination of a dry throat, and a sore throat. Not really thinking about it, I have been smoking all during it. Took a day off and it got a bit better. Fired up a bowl today and it's back ... So it unfortunately may be time for a short hiatus!

What's the likelihood that it could be mouth burn that just hasn't had a chance to heal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:28 pm

I sometimes get weird, unwanted sensations that are aggravated by tobacco weed, often a tasteless burn. If in the throat, it's almost always a cold. Two week hiatus definitely recommended, maybe more. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. ~ Doc Burley, Esq.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tperoda85

Registration date : 2015-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Thanks for the input! Makes sense. I did have some cold ish symptoms, the smoking probably prolonged the irritated throat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Just recovered from a cold. Went 10 days without tobacco of any kind. It wasn't long enough. Still tastes somewhat harsh and I'm not picking up flavor nuances at all. Believe it or not, not smoking is the thing I hate most about a cold. Thankfully aromatics don't taste too bad, relatively speaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:17 am

Sometimes certain blends with perique will give me a sore throat if i smoke multiple bowls back to back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sometimes certain blends with perique will give me a sore throat if i smoke multiple bowls back to back.

+1 there Padre. Not so much a sore throat but more a dry mouth though. Reckon it would lead to a sore throat if multiple bowls were smoked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm

What tobacco were you smoking? As said above, I've noticed that several bowls of tobacco with perique in it causes a sore throat sensation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Whenever I get a sore throat I gargle with Listerene a couple times during the day and at bedtime. The next morning the sore throat has usually disappeared. YYMMV. BTW I still smoke my pipe throughout the day. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:03 pm

joshoowah wrote:
What tobacco were you smoking? As said above, I've noticed that several bowls of tobacco with perique in it causes a sore throat sensation.

Yup, blends with Per in. There's One in particular that does it for me, but I'm blowed if I can remember exactly which one. Only one thing for it; do some smoking research!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:10 pm

If you suspect that it's a certain blend, I'd give that mixture a rest and come back to it at another time and see if you experience the same issue.

A couple of years ago, I thought latakia mixtures were making me wheeze. Turned out that a virus was the root of the cause, but somehow smoking latakia heavy blends was making my symptoms more acute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sore Throat   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:31 am

Stick wrote:

Yup, blends with Per in. There's One in particular that does it for me, but I'm blowed if I can remember exactly which one. Only one thing for it; do some smoking research!

Elizabethan Mixture does it to me. I like it but have to be moderate...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371

Sore Throat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1