HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Wet Shavers' preferred blades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Wet Shavers' preferred blades   Sat May 14, 2016 1:06 am

I use Personna Red and Blue. I prefer the Isreali made reds over the blue medicals, but the blues are more economical. I can get 5 shaves out of one blue and the 100 packs are rediculously cheap. Reds are sharper and a bit more articulate. Honestly in all my years of shaving with a DE razor, these are the only blades I have tried, but they work for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Wet Shavers' preferred blades   Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 am

RZR BLADES 101:

You can't rate a razor blade on one variable.

Aggressive razor or mild?

Days of growth, etc.

That said, your soap and how well you lather is a HUGE variable.

anything more than 3 days of growth and my recipe is Feather + Muhle R41 + Mitchell's Wool Fat

If I have to shave everyday for a stretch, it's Merk 34C+ Pol Silver stainless or Supermax Tiger Super Platinum + CRSWs soap.

IMHO, regarding performance/protection and post shave feel, Cold River Soap Works is my hands-down fave. Truth be told, it's not really close...FOR ME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Wet Shavers' preferred blades   Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Well my first 100 pack was Astra SPs and I'm still working my way through them. They suit me really well and are a well balanced blade in terms of comfort vs sharpness. I get 7 days per blade and at 10 /100, that's good value.

Yup, that's me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Wet Shavers' preferred blades   Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Stick wrote:
Well my first 100 pack was Astra SPs and I'm still working my way through them. They suit me really well and are a well balanced blade in terms of comfort vs sharpness. I get 7 days per blade and at 10 /100, that's good value.

Yup, that's me.

So many people go for the sharpest, forgetting comfort.

I'm Greek...would you believe I have a course beard but sensitive skin?

Finding the right "recipe," for you is have the job and fun.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is beard-mapping. My hair grows in all sorts of weird ways and direction and differently on each side. YIKES!

Hey, it only took me 2 years to get it right! Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Wet Shavers' preferred blades   Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 pm

I have a wiry, thick-haired beard and sensitive skin. I still haven't found a better blade than the Astra SP (greens). The Gillette Silver Blues are pretty nice as well, but I think I still prefer the Astra greens by just a tad. I'm presently working my way through a fairly large sampler pack, so we'll see if I can find anything better. The only blade not present in this sampler that I want to try is the Perma-Sharp Supers. I'll have to trade someone for a few of those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wet Shavers' preferred blades
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2