HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Interesting comparosin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Interesting comparosin   Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Found this interesting comparosin of DE/ wet shaving to a Gillette Pro Glide /wet shaving ! Seems the "old style" won hands down ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/gillette-pro-glide-vs-straight-razor-review/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Interesting comparosin   Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Hussah!

I would imagine that, like you Michael, I am not in the least bit surprised. An interesting read, thanks for sh sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Interesting comparosin   Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I haven't even read it yet (I will) but I can hands down say wet shaving is better. In the 60/70/80's it was abandoned for the comfort of speed... That doesn't make it better. A pony car gets you to the stop light faster than a Cadillac but I'd rather be in the Cadillac any day, especially when it turns out the Cadillac is cheaper.

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Interesting comparosin   Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Funny thing about all this ( to me) is that soap/brush/De razor is how my father shaved and how I was taught back in '62 and how I shaved till I tried some of the "new" razors back in the early '80s. Never could find any of the "new" stuff that shaved as well as how I had learned so always went back to my soap/brush/DE razor and am still shaving this way !! This new resurgence of this "old" way has now begun to bring more variety of blades/soaps to my local Wallgreens !! Back when I started to shave, the "old " way was as my grandfather did , with a straight razor,brush/soap. ! All you younger guys who are just now discovering this "old" way enjoy it !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting comparosin   Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:46 pm

I find that I get equally good shaves with DE and with multi-blade cartridges. I use DE because I like stainless steel hardware (i.e., the razors), but always take cartridge razors when traveling. Oh, well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Interesting comparosin   Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm sure I am like a lot of people in that I shaved less, mostly because I hated it before I discovered wet-shaving.

Then, I started shaving more often because it was easier, I enjoyed it more, and I didn't walk around with a red and irritated face when I actually did shave.

WIN-WIN.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Interesting comparosin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1