HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A change of pace

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: A change of pace   Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:40 pm

I've been smoking a fair bit of aro blends recently as I've been smoking in company. On the whole, they've been ok but I was beginning to lose track of my 'baccy journey, until today that is.

It's the Easter holidays here in Blighty at the moment so my wife and I have taken the week off to spend time with our children. As the weather looked the most promising for the week, today I took them all rock climbing on our nearest crag. All good fun and a great medium for exploring the bounds of what is perceived possible and applying this to life in general. Some great lessons in life for the youngsters.

Once home I decided it was pipe o'clock and chose a bowl of GH's Curly Cut and picked my Growley Rhodie for the job. It is still quite cool in the 'shire, with the winter clinging on in the knowledge it is beaten, the sun's thin rays of the evening lending a hand to the scene. I kicked back, sparked up the Zippo and fired up the bowl, admiring my work of the previous few days' potting flowers.

And the smoke. Curly cut is a Va based and as far as I can tell, a straight unadulterated 'baccy. By comparison to the aros I've been puffing away on recently it was tremendous. A proper ‘baccy taste and aroma with the sweetness of the Vas shining through. Yup, it’s good to be back. Roll on the summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: A change of pace   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:22 pm

One of my all time favorites (the regular, not the deluxe). I have a couple thousand grams cellared.

ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: A change of pace   Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Your story sounds oddly familiar, Stick! We took the kids camping in a yurt for part of March Break this year, so I brought along a bit of aro baccy to please the Mrs (or at least not get sent to the car to sleep). I smoked 4-5 bowls of the stuff during and after that trip.

I was down and out with flu for a while so went without a pipe for a week or so. Finally fired up a bowl of Squadron Leader and settled into the smoke. So nice to enjoy a good honest English blend after all the fruity stuff. I admit it was a fun diversion but I won't miss the fruit smell that seemed to stick in my clothes, hair, etc for hours after putting down the pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A change of pace   Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Stick wrote:
I've been smoking a fair bit of aro blends recently as I've been smoking in company.  On the whole, they've been ok but I was beginning to lose track of my 'baccy journey, until today that is.

It's the Easter holidays here in Blighty at the moment so my wife and I have taken the week off to spend time with our children.  As the weather looked the most promising for the week, today I took them all rock climbing on our nearest crag.  All good fun and a great medium for exploring the bounds of what is perceived possible and applying this to life in general.  Some great lessons in life for the youngsters.

Once home I decided it was pipe o'clock and chose a bowl of GH's Curly Cut and picked my Growley Rhodie for the job.  It is still quite cool in the 'shire, with the winter clinging on in the knowledge it is beaten, the sun's thin rays of the evening lending a hand to the scene.  I kicked back, sparked up the Zippo and fired up the bowl, admiring my work of the previous few days' potting flowers.

And the smoke.  Curly cut is a Va based and as far as I can tell, a straight unadulterated 'baccy.  By comparison to the aros I've been puffing away on recently it was tremendous.  A proper ‘baccy taste and aroma with the sweetness of the Vas shining through.  Yup, it’s good to be back.  Roll on the summer.

Splendid story mate. Well told an'all. Will we be privileged to see any pics of the sojourn? You always seem to visit the most interesting places.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: A change of pace   Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:14 pm

Stick, j was just in the process of making an order to smokingpipes and was debating on whether or not to put the GH curly cut on my order... this sells it for me! Added to the list!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A change of pace
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1