HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheLowlyApprentice

Registration date : 2016-02-14

PostSubject: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Both 9mm filter pipes and 6mm filter pipes offer a stepdown adapter to 3mm which I assume is the standard size draught hole.

Most of my pipes have 6mm filter capability, but I've seen a number of pipes which interest me but they are 9mm models.

I'd probably buy some of them if someone would make a simple stepdown adapter to go from 9mm to 6mm so I could use 6mm balsa filters if I wanted to, or use the 9mm to 3mm adapter which is readily available for sale.

Any thoughts?

TLA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:14 am

I don't recall ever seeing a 9mm to 6 mm step-down adapter. You can always use a 9mm balsa filter made by Savinelli. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm

You could alway buy a 9mm to 3mm adapter and bore it out to 6mm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLowlyApprentice

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Eric Furgeson wrote:

That's a really good idea.

I'll have to buy a few of the 9mm to 3mm and find someone who could do that for me.

I think it could really work.

Many thanks!

TLA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Furgeson

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:34 pm

TheLowlyApprentice wrote:
Eric Furgeson wrote:

I'll have to buy a few of the 9mm to 3mm and find someone who could do that for me.

Many thanks!

TLA

Your very welcome. All you really need is a drill, the proper size bit, and a small vise to hold the adapter while enlarging the center hole so the filter fits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Eric Furgeson wrote:
TheLowlyApprentice wrote:
Eric Furgeson wrote:

Many thanks!

TLA

Your very welcome. All you really need is a drill, the proper size bit, and a small vise to hold the adapter while enlarging the center hole so the filter fits.

Yup, sounds pretty easy, even for me.......... You could also try an abrasive rod saw and use it like a file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Furgeson

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:16 pm

[qoute] Yup, sounds pretty easy, even for me.......... You could also try an abrasive rod saw and use it like a file.[/quote]

Oh somehow I think you have the ability to fab one from raw stock if you have a mind to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:47 pm

Eric Furgeson wrote:
[qoute] Yup, sounds pretty easy, even for me.......... You could also try an abrasive rod saw and use it like a file.

Oh somehow I think you have the ability to fab one from raw stock if you have a mind to.[/quote]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sun May 01, 2016 12:20 am

Stop using filters. Problem solved. 6mm fillers are way longer than 9mm so i think you'd have a length issue between the 9mm to 6. Never see a 3 mil so i don't know how long those are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
TheLowlyApprentice

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sun May 01, 2016 1:03 am

I'll just hope for the best!!

TLA

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Furgeson

PostSubject: Re: I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter   Sun May 01, 2016 1:04 am

[quote="ZeroContent"]Stop using filters. Problem solved. 6mm fillers are way longer than 9mm so i think you'd have a length issue between the 9mm to 6. Never see a 3 mil so i don't know how long those are.[/quote

I a embearased to the to admit I did not even think of that. Looks like back to the drawing board as they say.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1