HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Talent back then was really talent.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Talent back then was really talent.   Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:

Gees! I almost forgot how great this song was, gotta pull the album and listen to it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:35 am

I keep finding myself in situations where young people are showing me what passes for Talented Young Musicians these days. Some shmuck with a baby face and a guitar who neither plays or sings well at all and is doing overdubbed recordings of stuff he didn't write.

"That isn't talent, it's marketing. This is talent"

They look at me like I have something alien growing outta my head alien

The 70's were good to music fans.

Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 am

I certainly agree! I think most of the real talent is gone, at least I aint see'en much of it nowadays. Wink
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:56 am

You gotta admit, the flood of excellent guitarists and artists that came out of Great Britain in the late 60's through the 70's was impressive and an impossible thing to follow. Page, Beck, Clapton, Trower, Frampton, Gilmour, Blackmore, Iommi, etc... There musta been something in the water back then Wink

Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:38 am

Puff Daddy wrote:
You gotta admit, the flood of excellent guitarists and artists that came out of Great Britain in the late 60's through the 70's was impressive and an impossible thing to follow. Page, Beck, Clapton, Trower, Frampton, Gilmour, Blackmore, Iommi, etc... There musta been something in the water back then Wink

Yeah, It's just a shame I didn't drink much of it back then.
Back to top Go down
Bullwinkle

Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:47 pm

The real talent now a days never gets discovered.

Why have the fat guy, the pencil thin boob less lass, or the half blind black guy sing when we can just auto-tune the hotties?

There's still talent out there, quite a bit, you just have to find it.

Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Love all this stuff as posted above. Including and especially Robin Trower. Part and parcel of my influences and inspirations.

Making music with just your axe, fingers, and guts. No tricky studio stuff or overdubs.

Good stuff!

Cool

Cheers,
RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Talent back then was really talent.   Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Hell at least overdubs was legitimate studio work. With actual music being added to music.

Now they just sing (sort of) into a mic and the computer spits the sound of angels out of the speaker. That's one of the things I like about programs like The Voice™. I'm not dumb enough to belief there's no some occasional trickery but for the most part you hear singers singing.

Talent back then was really talent.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1