HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Has this ever happened to you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

avatar

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Has this ever happened to you?   Tue May 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Furgeson

avatar

Age : 52
Location : Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. Planet Earth, Milky Way, Galxie
Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Tue May 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Uhum... errr.... well.... NOPE!!!!!! Never failed to notice a self inflicted bullet wound. On a side note I want some of his back pain meds!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Tue May 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Sounds like he's one of the luckier ones to be getting decent pain killers for his back condition that he couldn't even feel a gunshot wound.

I wonder who his doctor is? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 8:20 am

I tend to remove my shirt more often than every three days, also. Just sayin'. Even assuming he's drug-numbed, I wonder what his I.Q. is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 8:23 am

Richard Burley wrote:
I tend to remove my shirt more often than every three days, also. Just sayin'. Even assuming he's drug-numbed, I wonder what his I.Q. is?

You have a good point there. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 11:37 am

How did that even make it into a news paper?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

avatar

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 12:36 pm

puros_bran wrote:
How did that even make it into a news paper?

It fits the "guns are dumb, and so are gun owners" weltanschauung of today's news bordellos. Never mind a thousand instances per diem of people defending themselves or others with a shootin' iron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Only once as I recall.

We were flying home after a rather successful raid on a sausage factory. The old girl had copped a packet in the starboard outer engine and as it was looking likely we were going to ditch behind the lines I thought it prudent to arm ones self. The only things I could find was one of Smudger's knitting needles and the Very pistol that had somehow become dislodged and was rattling about the cabin floor. One look at Smudger confirmed he would require the needle a little longer; his Aunty Mildred's cardigan only had one sleeve and she was a particularly fussy type. So, the Very pistol it was. Well blow me if it didn't go off as I put it in my flying suit pocket. Blew my left foot clean off. Still, being a plucky type I put on a stiff upper lip, coaxed the old girl down and was home in time for tea and medals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 4:36 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
How did that even make it into a news paper?

It fits the "guns are dumb, and so are gun owners" weltanschauung of today's news bordellos. Never mind a thousand instances per diem of people defending themselves or others with a shootin' iron.

Notice they got a huge dig in on prescription pain medication as well...
They've been ramping up to get rid of pain medications lately. I've stated it elsewhere, progressive democracy is scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 65
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you?   Wed May 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Stick wrote:
Only once as I recall.  

We were flying home after a rather successful raid on a sausage factory.  The old girl had copped a packet in the starboard outer engine and as it was looking likely we were going to ditch behind the lines I thought it prudent to arm ones self.  The only things I could find was one of Smudger's knitting needles and the Very pistol that had somehow become dislodged and was rattling about the cabin floor.  One look at Smudger confirmed he would require the needle a little longer; his Aunty Mildred's cardigan only had one sleeve and she was a particularly fussy type.  So, the Very pistol it was.  Well blow me if it didn't go off as I put it in my flying suit pocket.  Blew my left foot clean off.  Still, being a plucky type I put on a stiff upper lip, coaxed the old girl down and was home in time for tea and medals.

Aye, always knew you were made of sterner stuff mate! Jolly good show, wot?


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
 
Has this ever happened to you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: