HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:34 pm

So Monday temps went from 49F to 65F when the sun broke through and I got to enjoy several different pipes including my straight grain by Anne Julie.

Yesterday was like being on another planet when the temperature was 87F In the shade so pretty much stuck with cobs and my home brew called 50/50 in honor of it being 50% Special Virginia and 50% Burley.

Today I had to go have a staging CT Scan to check my spleen which has been enlarged from my Mantle Cell Lymphoma will be sleeping with the 1" needle in my chest tonight due to having my weekly ivIG infusion early tomorrow morning.

Temperatures today are glorious, a nice light breeze and 72F a perfect day for some 39 y/o Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake in the S. Yanik Meerschaum Skull, keep it smokey!
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Cripes Banjo, that 'meer is one heck of a pipe.

A question for you Sir; why cobs in the warmer weather as opposed to a briar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:08 pm

When the temperature changes as drastically as that and bring high humidity I find my cobs smoke better for me, of course my choice of tobacco plays a role in that as well since I only smoke the 50/50 in my cobs and rock cob.

I will smoke briars once the temperature settles down and I choose lighter tobacco's and my Strawberrywood, Olivewood and Morta pipes will get their chance as well saving my really small capacity bowl pipes for that last smoke of the day when I crave some Latakia before bedtime.
banjo

Stick wrote:

Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Sorry trigger finger got away from me! Embarassed
banjo
Back to top Go down
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
When the temperature changes as drastically as that and bring high humidity I find my cobs smoke better for me, of course my choice of tobacco plays a role in that as well since I only smoke the 50/50 in my cobs and rock cob.

I will smoke briars once the temperature settles down and I choose lighter tobacco's and my Strawberrywood, Olivewood and Morta pipes will get their chance as well saving my really small capacity bowl pipes for that last smoke of the day when I crave some Latakia before bedtime.
banjo

Stick wrote:

Thanks Banjo. That makes complete sense. I was wondering if I was missing something, however the temps in the UK rarely get to the point of being hugely uncomfortable so it has never been an issue for me.

Still recon I need a cob though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldmansmokingpipe

Registration date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:33 pm

that is one gorgeous skull meer. Wow!!!!

hope all goes well tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:24 am

Yip, every smoker needs at least one cob! Nothing will ever be able to stand up against briar for beauty, but a cob is so convenient for a kick-about pipe. And good to use as taster pipe with new blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:26 am

Oh, and I like the Anne Julie Banjo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:49 am

I have two or three briars that still perform very, very well when the humidity goes up in the summer, but otherwise I'm with you. Most of briars well get more rest than usual in favor of the cobs. I've got 6 cobs that I use - two get more use than the others (I just love the feel of the Great Dane spool and spindle), but they'll all see their share of tobacco over the next few months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Beautiful meer Banjo. You wear it well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco    Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Yuppers, that is one insane meer!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Different temperatures different pipes and tobacco
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1