HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gawith Hoggarth Perique

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:17 am

Hey mugs, anybody smoked the blending Perique from Gawith Hoggarth? I seem to only care for Gawith tobaccos, and I'm not very fond of the Mcclelland perique i've got. I'm wondering if I would like this perique, it's only available overseas. I wonder why GH doesn't produce Perique blends, only Louisiana Flake which is VERY light on the Perique. Would be awesome of they made a perique bomb rope or a really strong Vaper flake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:39 am

A Periquey Jump Rope, perhaps? Tha could be fun.... Sounds like a new blend to me!

I seem to recall they had a Perique to blend with, but as I recall it was rather peppery. I'll have to find out....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:00 am

I'm not crazy about the McClelland Perique either, however, to be fair I haven't cracked it open in quite a while. Have you tried the C&D perique(s)? They have long cut and short square cut, I believe, but I've yet to try them and have often wanted to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:05 am

Bugsahearn wrote:
I wonder why GH doesn't produce Perique blends, only Louisiana Flake which is VERY light on the Perique. Would be awesome of they made a perique bomb rope or a really strong Vaper flake

The VaPers sold under the Synjeco label are made by either by Gawith Hoggarth or Sam Gawith (Bad Nun II, Holker Twist, Kentmere Sliced Twist, Clegir Rope, Grenodd Rope, etc.), but they might interest you.

http://www.synjeco.ch/pataall/taba/2000.php?i5s1

nismo270r has been running a synjeco group buy twice a year. If you're interested, do a 'watch thread' here for his next announcement:

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t32194-synjeco-group-buy-2016-samuel-gawith-plugs-schurch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 am

Bugsahearn wrote:
Hey mugs, anybody smoked the blending Perique from Gawith Hoggarth? I seem to only care for Gawith tobaccos, and I'm not very fond of the Mcclelland perique i've got. I'm wondering if I would like this perique, it's only available overseas. I wonder why GH doesn't produce Perique blends, only Louisiana Flake which is VERY light on the Perique. Would be awesome of they made a perique bomb rope or a really strong Vaper flake

This might be fine for lovers of Lakelands but, I ordered 2 oz. of Louisiana Flake once thinking I would like it having perique in the blend not knowing it was indeed a Lakeland. Granted it doesn't play a top roll in the blend but, for those with a sensitive taste It will surely come through as soapy as it did me. Just a warning to those who can't palette a Lakeland blend. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I think GH makes Perique blends for GQ too. Louisiana Flake has a chocolate topping but is also florally as well. Nate I haven't tried the CD Perique but the few times I buy a CD blend I ask myself why did I buy this low quality garbage lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Hoggarth Perique   Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Bugsahearn wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I think GH makes Perique blends for GQ too. Louisiana Flake has a chocolate topping but is also florally as well. Nate I haven't tried the CD Perique but the few times I buy a CD blend I ask myself why did I buy this low quality garbage lol

Lol... ouch, I hear ya. There are those I think are harsh(ala Red Carpet, Crooner), and some C&D blends I really like (Kajun Kake, Opening Night).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gawith Hoggarth Perique
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: