HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PeterD

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:43 pm

...today marks my 55th year of pipe smoking...I have never regretted that decision and I am as passionate today...well, perhaps even more so, than at any other time...

...It is not a habit...but a way of Life...  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:22 am

Congratulations Peter, that's quite an accomplishment and not many can now or will ever be able to make that claim. Well done Sir!  Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:20 am

Wow. You got me beat, though not by much. I started when I was 16 and was told it would stunt my growth. Good thing it did; I'm 6'4" and have always had difficulties getting into Ferraris, Jaguars, etc., and it ticks me off. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:42 am

Congratulations Sir, May you be blessed with many more years of fine pipes and wonderful tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldmansmokingpipe

Registration date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:37 am

congrats - i started at 15 - now coming up to 63. I had a couple of breaks though.  That latakia just keeps me coming back.

Enjoy many, many more!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:03 am

Congratulations Peter! and may your tobacco always be dry and your pipe never sour.Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 am

Richard Burley wrote:
... was told it would stunt my growth. Good thing it did; I'm 6'4"...

Probably the funniest thing I've heard in a long while. Tickled me pink that did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eklektos44

Registration date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:20 am

Well congratulations Peter. Enjoy your celebration! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:21 am

Congrats Peter, that's a long time to be smoking a pipe.

If you could narrow it down, what's the one 'golden nugget' you've learnt (about pipe smoking) in that time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:21 am

If you could narrow it down, what's the one 'golden nugget' you've learnt (about pipe smoking) in that time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Truly amazing. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Congrats Peter on the anniversary. Not many can claim so many continuous years of piping pleasure.

sunny

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
PeterD

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Stick wrote:

...my 'golden nugget' occurred many years ago when I realized that with pipes and tobacco there is no destination...only a continuing journey...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Wow!! 55 years, good for you!! I'm at 52 this September; didn't start 'til I was 18. Just curious...Do you remember your first pipe and tobacco? cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Congrats! I smoked my first pipe (a basket pipe of course) in 1966, so this year is my 50th anniversary. So. right behind you, sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeterD

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Wow!! 55 years, good for you!! I'm at 52 this September; didn't start 'til I was 18. Just curious...Do you remember your first pipe and tobacco? cheers FTRPLT

...my first pipe was a DR. Graybow rustic billiard shape...with a tin of PA...total cost was $1.10...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:11 pm

PeterD wrote:
ftrplt wrote:

...my first pipe was a DR. Graybow rustic billiard shape...with a tin of PA...total cost was $1.10...

Mine was a Dr. Graybow and Half & Half!!!! Wow, a $1.10!!! Big purchase for a nine year old!!! Good for you cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeterD

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

ftrplt wrote:
PeterD wrote:
ftrplt wrote:

Mine was a Dr. Graybow and Half & Half!!!! Wow, a $1.10!!! Big purchase for a nine year old!!! Good for you cheers FTRPLT

...back then there were no laws regarding tobacco...in fact, the old Dr. who ran the drug store was a neighbor and I kept his grass cut...on a number of occasions he would let me pick out a new pipe and two tins of tobacco as payment...so I was fortunate.

In fact, he was my first "teacher of the pipe" and I would watch and listen as he showed me all his various ways to clean, smoke, tamp, and load the bowl...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:45 pm

And in a similar, but slightly different vein-

I clearly remember going to the local drugstore as a kid of 9 or 10 yrs old, where there was a display of pipe 'baccy on the counter and being able to purchase my Pap's favourite blend for his birthday or Xmas present.

Times were different back then!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Congrats! Good show. I'm 68 and smoked my first when I was 18...so I'm right there with you. Well, close anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:59 pm

PeterD wrote:
ftrplt wrote:
PeterD wrote:
ftrplt wrote:

...back then there were no laws regarding tobacco...in fact, the old Dr. who ran the drug store was a neighbor and I kept his grass cut...on a number of occasions he would let me pick out a new pipe and two tins of tobacco as payment...so I was fortunate.

In fact, he was my first "teacher of the pipe" and I would watch and listen as he showed me all his various ways to clean, smoke, tamp, and load the bowl...

Ahhh...Back in the good ol' days Very Happy Great memories!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 am

Congratulations! I'm 50 years behind you....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sid.Stavros

Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Congratulations! As we say here in Greece "make them a hundred". Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr/
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Another big congratulations here Peter and thanks for the wisdom.

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking   Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 am

Wonderful! Congratulations! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/

Celebrating 55 years of Pipe Smoking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next