HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gawith Dark Flake - Liquorice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Gawith Dark Flake - Liquorice    Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Hold on, this is going to go fast.

Are you familiar with Dark Flake/Plug? How about the various Sweet Twists, Ropes, etc.? If so you have a major leg up. You know that the "sweet" character of the Sweet is very slightly so. It just takes the edge off an otherwise fairly severe tobacco flavor profile. Sometimes I have to put the Rum & Whiskey ropes next to each other and smell them side by side to know...hey, that one's the Rum...etc. I think most of the other scents are the same light touch. They are not Aromatic, they are lightly scented and slightly sweetened.

So, the Dark Flake Liquorice is the same thing. Very light, subtle scenting of "tobacco liquorice" as I'll term it. It is not like black liquorice store candy at all. I think it has less Anise in it, or something. But it smells succulent - like Esoterica Ramsgate, which IS aromatic. Quite potent.

Dark Liquorice is moist in the pouch and needs to be aired to burn well. Once done it smokes very cool and well, with the harshness of Dark Flake muted by the subtle sweetness and light flavoring. That's about it. It's really a very fine match for the Dark Flake's Dark Fired profile.

Oh, and BTW...it's kick butt strong. Small pipes or full stomachs only need apply. Also, it DGT's pretty well so setting it aside for a bit occasionally during a smoke is also just fine...better prudent than olive green in the ER.

I have a pipe I carved from a Tinsky kit for which I requested a narrow bore chamber, and it works wonderfully well.

Available only at GQ Tobaccos so far as I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Dark Flake - Liquorice    Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Sounds great. Too bad it's not sold here where it'd be affordable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Gawith Dark Flake - Liquorice    Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 pm

It's quite affordable actually. About $15 for 50 gm plus shipping. If one saves up their Gawith, etc. orders to make the shipping realistic it's not so bad.

One of those 'get what you pay for' kinda things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gawith Dark Flake - Liquorice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1