HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Got out to get some excercse this AM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:00 pm

I haven't seen fenders and a chain guard in a long time, gotta be a vintage piece.
But, good for you that your feeling that well to do that but, like someone else said, take it easy, Rome wasn't built in a day ya know. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:13 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:24 am

That's quite the ride there Monbla. I always dig vintage bikes. I have a Lespo Standard here in Korea that looks mighty similar. You can see it in the link (and practice your Russian):

http://yuri7751.livejournal.com/383100.html?thread=2571388

I'm pretty sure it weighs more than my car with my family in it. My wife ridicules me for having it because that kind of bike was typically used by vendors for carting around rice. Downhill on it is scary because it picks up speed due to its weight and the brakes...well let's just say there is a reason for the advancements in bike brakes over the years. Uphill...ha! I have to get off and push and then I begin considering abandoning it in any nearby parking lot.

But your bike Monbla, there are more than a few hipsters in Vancouver that would trade their beard for that preserved antique.

Happy riding!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:51 am

Psmith wrote:
That's quite the ride there Monbla.  I always dig vintage bikes.  I have a Lespo Standard here in Korea that looks mighty similar.  You can see it in the link (and practice your Russian):

http://yuri7751.livejournal.com/383100.html?thread=2571388

I'm pretty sure it weighs more than my car with my family in it.  My wife ridicules me for having it because that kind of bike was typically used by vendors for carting around rice.  Downhill on it is scary because it picks up speed due to its weight and the brakes...well let's just say there is a reason for the advancements in bike brakes over the years.  Uphill...ha!  I have to get off and push and then I begin considering abandoning it in any nearby parking lot.

But your bike Monbla, there are more than a few hipsters in Vancouver that would trade their beard for that preserved antique.

Happy riding!

Gee wiz guys, I got the bike in the early '70s and Raliegh made 'em till the '90s and this style bike is still made in China! What's vintage/antique about it !!?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:18 pm

monbla256 wrote:

Gee wiz guys, I got the bike in the early '70s  and Raliegh made 'em till the '90s and this style bike is still made in China! What's vintage/antique about it !!?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm not sure but they may have been referring to the owner. He's about as "Vintage" as one can get. lol! lol! lol!

BTW have you taken the pipe up again?

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:08 am

Good to see you back here and getting out there as well.

The Tour de Monbla! Excellent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Got out to get some excercse this AM   Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Love that Raleigh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/

Got out to get some excercse this AM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: