HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I only restore and resurrect estate pipes for my own use.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: I only restore and resurrect estate pipes for my own use.   Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Since it's hot again tomorrow and I can't do any bending over, nose blowing (heaven forbid I need to sneeze!) or anything that may get my inner ear wet for the next 30 hours I'm down to being online, reading books, cleaning pipes and hanging with Levi.

So I plan on cleaning and sterilizing two Kaywoodie estates, one a Supergrain the a Filtronic. The other pipe I've already began work on, it's a fairly scarce Missouri Meerschaum Monogram, obviously well loved by the previous owner but I can't quite wrap my head around how they got it to smoke. The cob shank had multiple layers of Scotch Tape covering cracks and it literally looked like an exercise in futility.

I have had excellent luck repairing other cob shank pipes I own, one by Irwin S. Cobb the other an MM Freehand although neither had the amount of repair required by this pipe but the cost of procuring it outweighed the cost of what I need to repair it with. It's undergone two treatments and will sit overnight and I will inspect it for any leakage tomorrow then go from there, it will make a dandy addition to my other cobs and there's always the satisfaction of resurrecting an old pipe to have it fulfill you with your smoking pleasure. Cheers.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I only restore and resurrect estate pipes for my own use.   Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:45 pm

I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to your improvements Mr. Banjo.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I only restore and resurrect estate pipes for my own use.   Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:58 pm

No doubt the end product will be impressive. Hurry along and get it done .  bounce  bounce  bounce  I'm anxious to see it. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I only restore and resurrect estate pipes for my own use.   Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:42 am

Speaking of mending -- good luck with your recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I only restore and resurrect estate pipes for my own use.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1