HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
leatherneck

Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:43 pm

For several years I have had the HONOR and PRIVELAGE of collecting pipes from all over the world, with my travels with the USMC. Although there ARE MANY MASTER pipe makers out there, I find the work of POUL WINSLOW to be a MASTER within a MASTER. His detail to form, structure and the use of briar wood , I believe sets him apart from many others. Yes, I may be partial to his work, but isn't this what makes a collector happy, within a certain realm. Poul comes from the old school of pipe making, which to me, allows him to embody both the old culture and his innovations to the new.

Recently I have been smoking some of his tobaccos. Winslow No. 1 is a Black Cavendish, selected Burley with contrasting, aged Virginia tobaccos from 3 continents. This tobacco is enriched with the exotic aromas of vanilla, coconut and plums together with a hint of original Jamaican rum, my favorite.

Winslow No. 2 is átastefully based on multi-faceted Virginia tobaccos in various cuts. Refined with two sorts of Black Cavendish, a whiff of Burley and fine crumbled Flake. This tobacco is delicious and has captivating flavors of nutty cream-liqueur combined with caramelized pineapple .

Winslow No.3 has a mixture composed from orange coloured and broadly cut Virginia tobaccos. Poul uses mellowed Virginia flakes rubbed by hand and double fermented Black Cavendish. The bled is refined with flavours of sparkling champagne, vanilla-cream and a touch of almond.

My FiancÚ purchased these tobaccos as an anniversary present. She checked with the US Customs per the Danish Pipe Shop website and was told as long as this was for personal consumption and not resale, it could be purchased from Denmark and have it shipped to our home. Shipping was awesomely fast and it arrived 4 business days after the order was placed.

Please enjoy this photo of some of my POUL WINSLOW pipes and his TOBACCO.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Now that's what I call a collection of beautiful pipes. I've never smoked any of his tobacco but Poul Winslow is a Master Pipe Maker. Having seen hundreds (might be a slight exaggeration) of his pipes through the years I have to say I've never seen any that weren't great. Smile

AJ

Last edited by ajn27511 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a misspelled word.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Those are beautiful pipes, for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:38 pm

That's a lovely collection of P.W.'s indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:41 pm

That sure is a stunning pipe collection cheers cheers
Thanks for sharing, always enjoy pictures of custom made pipes.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Loving that bulldog? shape on the left/center! wow-wee!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE   Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks for sharing those wonderful works of art. He is truely talented. And enjoy those tobaccos in rude good health sir.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1