HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Eureka! A revelation!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Eureka! A revelation!   Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Realizing the F&T Cut Virginia Plug I've been smoking has aged for 7 years i figured why not buy some fresh to see how it fares against the aged one.

So off to Google to find out which Internet pipe smoking sellers carry it.

I found 7 and 6 had the Out of Stock blazoned across it. The last one showed it had stock so I placed 10 in my cart and was told, Not enough stock for your cart, so I dropped down to 8, same thing as did 6, when I hit 5 I was greeted with checkout. I bet there are a lot of tobacco's sellers stocks facing the same scenario.

So I loaded the first Comoy I ever bought, a vintage 3 section C Sandblast Pot and filled it with the aged tobacco I'm writing about.

I read all the reviews about this tobacco and after trying it in different shaped pipes I found the flavor profile on the palate to vary a bit, some bowls muted the spiciness and others the citrusy tang but the pot was the best all around performance thus far with this tobacco so I dug out one of my Ehrlich pot's to see if I get the same results and if I do this tobacco, while good in all the pipes I smoked it in thus far, truly sang in the pot shape so now it will be dedicated to that shape. Keeping it smokey.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Eureka! A revelation!   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:28 pm

One of the great things about pipe smoking is discovering which pipe a blend prefers. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Eureka! A revelation!   Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:27 pm

The Ehrlich agreed with the findings with the Comoy and it had a bit more intensity as well being a group 3 compared to a tight group 2 of the Comoy.

Can't wait to smoke in my best smoking pot, the Dunhill Deadroot C-EE!

Keep it smokey!
banjo

ajn27511 wrote:
One of the great things about pipe smoking is discovering which pipe a blend prefers. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw

Eureka! A revelation!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1