HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

DrumsandBeer Was Right Again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 pm

I got four ounces of McClelland's Perique in the mail today . The recent order I placed with SP came. I hurriedly mixed some with a bit of Half and Half. Chris (DrumsandBeer) had written that McClelland's Perique was sweeter than C&D's. He was totally right. Not only is it sweeter but if made the mixture a lot creamier. If any of you have tried the H&H w/Perique mixture and you used C&D's Perique and liked the results you should try it with McClelland's. It's great and big improvement over my first batch. Thanks Chris for the heads up. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:35 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
I got four ounces of McClelland's Perique in the mail today . The recent order I placed with SP came. I hurriedly mixed some with a bit of Half and Half. Chris (DrumsandBeer) had written that McClelland's Perique was sweeter than C&D's. He was totally right. Not only is it sweeter but if made the mixture a lot creamier. If any of you have tried the H&H w/Perique mixture and you used C&D's Perique and liked the results you should try it with McClelland's. It's great and  big improvement over my first batch. Thanks Chris for the heads up. Smile

AJ

I've had some stashed for a couple of years now and always wondered if it was any good,
reckon I'll give it a try with some Carter Hall I have lay'en around just for the hell of it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/ Online
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 pm

Yah, I wonder if McC's does something special to their Perique. Any other I've tasted is different.... I agree it's very nice and plum tasting. Yet another tobacco I envy them for!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:37 am

I like to add a little to Ann Kake once in a while when I'm craving just a little extra with my Kake. Mcclelland's perique is tasty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:

I've had some stashed for a couple of years now and always wondered if it was any good,
reckon I'll give it a try with some Carter Hall I have lay'en around just for the hell of it. Wink

Ron I smoke a little Carter Hall every now and then and I think that mixing it with Perique would be right good. If you do mix up a bit I'd really like to hear what you think of the results. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:29 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Ron I smoke a little Carter Hall every now and then and I think that mixing it with Perique would be right good. If you do mix up a bit I'd really like to hear what you think of the results. Smile

AJ

Will do sir, if I even remember to try it. My memory or shall I just come right out and say it, the Brain
don't work to well anymore, if it aint staring me in the face and screaming I probably won't remember
what the hell I told you I'd do a half an hour from now. 5)
But, we'll try to remember, wish I had early cause I just got done with a bowl.
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Well damn! I remembered. AJ, I mixed 4 to 1 Carter Hall and McM Perique, hand blended it well and let it sit for a couple of hours in a seal container after which I took out enough for one small bowl and let it dry, cause both CH and the Perique where pretty wet to start by my standards and I like it, smooth, sweet and not peppery. I think it really helped an otherwise boring blend. Wink
Back to top Go down
AJ

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:

Will do sir, if I even remember to try it. My memory or shall I just come right out and say it, the Brain
don't work to well anymore, if it aint staring me in the face and screaming I probably won't remember

Ron welcome to the beginnings of old age. I'm afraid you're going to find that this and a multitude of other miseries are waiting and will soon introduce themselves to you. Wait until you forget to pull your pants up after a trip to the bathroom. Embarassed Sorry buddy but life sucks for old people. There is only one cure for all of this and if you're like most you really don't want that now. Rolling Eyes

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:19 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Ron welcome to the beginnings of old age. I'm afraid you're going to find that this and a multitude of other miseries are waiting and will soon introduce themselves to you. Wait until you forget to pull your pants up after a trip to the bathroom. Embarassed Sorry buddy but life sucks for old people. There is only one cure for all of this and if you're like most you really don't want that now. Rolling Eyes

AJ

Way ahead of ya sir, I have more maladies then I wish to go into. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AJ

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Well damn! I remembered. AJ, I mixed 4 to 1 Carter Hall and McM Perique, hand blended it well and let it sit for a couple of hours in a seal container after which I took out enough for one small bowl and let it dry, cause both CH and the Perique where pretty wet to start by my standards and I like it, smooth, sweet and not peppery. I think it really helped an otherwise boring blend. Wink

That's great Ron. I'm glad you remembered and got favorable results. Sometimes by mixing different components to blends that are somewhat lackluster one can create a blend that is more easily smoked. cheers cheers

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

PostSubject: Re: DrumsandBeer Was Right Again    Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

AJ

Way ahead of ya sir, I have more maladies then I wish to go into. Rolling Eyes  

I totally understand. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

DrumsandBeer Was Right Again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: