HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

One MM never put into production, what a shame.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Here is a Cherrywood shape by Missouri Meerschaum that was a prototype that was never put into production. The stem is not original to the pipe since the original fit poorly I substituted it with another MM stem, I like the look. Currently enjoying some Bengal Slices in it, keeping it smokey.
banjo

Last edited by fishnbanjo on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:01 pm

Bengal Slices, eh? Sounds good for a hot day. I'll have to dig mine out, it's hot today.

Love that set up too. I'm a sucker for long stemmed pipes though......

Keep it smoky!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Banjo you're right, it is a shame that pipe never went into production. I think that's about the coolest looking cob I've seen. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitobi

Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:17 pm

now banjo that is a class pipe, id happily buy one.

who has contacts with MM to say oi you.. yes you, make these!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:36 pm

That's a belter Banjo. You did well to grab a prototype that never made production. A great find, but then your pipe radar is unrivalled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Yuppers, one of the coolest cobs I've seen by golly!

Cool

Must've been a warmer day out as well to catch you in that tank top!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:32 pm

I wonder if your prototype lost out to MM's current Mark Twain version. The slant bottom might have been a challenge to get right every time in production.

One pipe I wish MM would bring back had a Danish bowl and a bamboo (!) shank. Anyone else have one? Mine has to be twenty years old, and I've been ridiculously careful with it, so it's still in great shape. At the time, I intended to buy more but procrastinated. I think I was telling myself not to buy duplicates. Then they stopped making them.  The paralysis of analysis, or something like that.

A current Mark Twain or Diplomat cob with a two-knuckle bamboo shank would be way cool, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: One MM never put into production, what a shame.   Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:22 pm

KevinM wrote:
...A current Mark Twain or Diplomat cob with a two-knuckle bamboo shank would be way cool, I'd say.

Hear, hear!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

One MM never put into production, what a shame.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1