HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 New "look".

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: New "look".   Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Just cut off the beard for the first time in 22 years!

Well not 100%, but went from a full beard to a goatee like I did back in '94. Retained the handlebar 'stash since that's part and parcel of my personality! Wink Even gave some consideration to waxing the curlies, but they seem to grow that way anyway so will probably forgo that.  

This time I went to a real barber instead of DIY, and it's all the better because of it. Trying to get this right with a hand mirror and a wall mirror only makes it uneven and lopsided. I gave the barber free reign to take off as much as she wanted. She did a great job too!

Feels much cooler already, and seems to have taken 10 years off my age. Got a young face doancha know, and I need all the help I can get! Razz

Now just have to keep it up, and while I hate shaving I figure it won't be much more that a few times/week to keep it in check. My skin won't tolerate more than that or I break out in hives!

I intend to keep this until the cooler weather sets in later this year as it does provide insulation and I'm pretty sensitive to cold temps, being a skinny lil' bastid!

I know, pics or it didn't happen..........

.....but that might be forthcoming since I'm doing a photo shoot for the new surf album this next week. So might just post some of those pics for all your amusement!

jocolor



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Cartaphilus

avatar

Age : 63
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Good for you sir, although I have no intention of cutting my locks off just yet I did get rid of the beard sometime ago and as you said look a lot younger without it but, I too kept the mustache just because I've had it most my life and would certainly look silly without out it.
Look'en forward to some pics of your mug now, so don't make me wait too long. Wink
Oh! and you lucky your grows with an up sweep, mine for some reason grows every which way and wax usually does no good so I use a flat iron (made for hair like a curling only flat) to straighten mine when I get off my duff to do so. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 53
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 am

Sometimes my work requires me to be shaved and groomed. Fortunately those times are becoming less frequent. I look forward to your piccies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old
avatar

Age : 34
Location : Western PA
Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Gotta see it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:31 pm

... yes, of course we do! Come on Rande old chum, you know the score regarding pics.

As an aside, I wonder if there's a goat wandering round out there saying, 'I've got a Rande?'

Pip pip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Look'en forward to some pics of your mug now, so don't make me wait too long. Wink

Old Nate wrote:
Gotta see it!

Stick wrote:
... yes, of course we do! Come on Rande old chum, you know the score regarding pics.


Well, you know the old saying guys...........

............be careful what you wish for!

monkey



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Stick wrote:
... yes, of course we do!  Come on Rande old chum, you know the score regarding pics.

As an aside, I wonder if there's a goat wandering round out there saying, 'I've got a Rande?'

Pip pip.

Now then me ol' mate, ah can assure thee that ah don't resemble Pappy Yokum-







And whilst that reference might be lost to you mate, it was part and parcel of my misspent youth in the funny papers of the day when Lil' Abner was a must-read comic strip!

jocolor


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
AJ

avatar

Age : 68
Location : NC
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Say it isn't so Rande! Maybe I have a character defect but I don't understand why any man would wear a beard for 22 years and then shave it off. scratch

I've had mine for over 40 years and I can't think of anything that would cause me to want to shave it. Besides if I did shave it my wife would divorce me and I can't afford a divorce this late in my life. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:42 am

Brewdude wrote:
Stick wrote:
... yes, of course we do!  Come on Rande old chum, you know the score regarding pics.

As an aside, I wonder if there's a goat wandering round out there saying, 'I've got a Rande?'

Pip pip.

Now then me ol' mate, ah can assure thee that ah don't resemble Pappy Yokum-







And whilst that reference might be lost to you mate, it was part and parcel of my misspent youth in the funny papers of the day when Lil' Abner was a must-read comic strip!

jocolor


Cheers,

RR

Rande, he looks quite the part! In fact he reminds me of my Pa a little! Looks spritely for an old 'un too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:36 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Say it isn't so Rande! Maybe I have a character defect but I don't understand why any man would wear a beard for 22 years and then shave it off. scratch

I've had mine for over 40 years and I can't think of anything that would cause me to want to shave it. Besides if I did shave it my wife would divorce me and I can't afford a divorce this late in my life. Smile

AJ

AJ, I've had a full beard more or less continuously since I was 17. Only took it off 2 times since then but grew it back quickly. And that was the full monty- no beard or stash. Hated the way I looked and won't ever repeat that mistake!

Did the goatee thing back around '94 before it seemed to be the cool thing, but abandoned it in favor of what I know and am used to.

Just felt like a change, including and especially the photo shoot for the new album this week. Needed to lose a few years off the old mug, and this seemed just the ticket. Gotta keep up with the young bloods doanchaknow!

Actually I do like the way the face feels without all the fur. Kind of a hassle today getting it all trimmed/shaved. More time than I want to spend on my face but will carry on with it for the time being.

Stick wrote:
Rande, he looks quite the part! In fact he reminds me of my Pa a little! Looks spritely for an old 'un too.

Right you are Squire.

I followed Lil' Abner in the funny papers for many years as a young 'un. In fact I had a childhood crush on Daisy Mae, who was always drawn most voluptuously-



On my first CD, one of the tunes was entitled "Daisy Mae Waltz", in honour of that infatuation!

sunny


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Old Nate
Not Really Old
avatar

Age : 34
Location : Western PA
Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:53 pm

I envy you guys and your beards. I can sort of grow a goatee and stache but I can count the hairs on the sides of my face Embarassed 5) oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:00 pm

My beard comes and goes. My current beard was started the first of March, 2015. By this December it should be pretty epic, and I will rock the Santa gig!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

avatar

Age : 68
Location : NC
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Old Nate wrote:
I envy you guys and your beards. I can sort of grow a goatee and stache but I can count the hairs on the sides of my face Embarassed 5)  oh well.

No worries Nate. In few years time will take care of the problem. lol!

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

avatar

Age : 68
Location : NC
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Fatman wrote:
My beard comes and goes. My current beard was started the first of March, 2015. By this December it should be pretty epic, and I will rock the Santa gig!

Well John, looks to me you're ready now. Almost any male over the age of 21 can grow hair on his face but it takes character to grow a beard and you my friend are a character. cheers

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
Fatman wrote:
My beard comes and goes. My current beard was started the first of March, 2015. By this December it should be pretty epic, and I will rock the Santa gig!

Well John, looks to me you're ready now. Almost any male over the age of 21 can grow hair on his face but it takes character to grow a beard and you my friend are a character. cheers

AJ

I am a bit of a character Razz

Here is a pic taken in February, one of the front desk hunnies wanted to decorate me, and my beard for Valentines day. I love my job and workplace! What a Face What a Face What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

avatar

Age : 68
Location : NC
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 am

Fatman wrote:


I am a bit of a character Razz

Here is a pic taken in February, one of the front desk hunnies wanted to decorate me, and my beard for Valentines day. I love my job and workplace! What a Face What a Face What a Face


Any chance of you needing an assistant? Twisted Evil bounce Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old
avatar

Age : 34
Location : Western PA
Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:26 am

Rande, where are the pics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:30 am

Old Nate wrote:
Rande, where are the pics?


Patience, young grasshopper. They're coming....................but so is Christmas!

albino


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Old Nate
Not Really Old
avatar

Age : 34
Location : Western PA
Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:33 am

Brewdude wrote:
Old Nate wrote:
Rande, where are the pics?


Patience, young grasshopper. They're coming....................but so is Christmas!

albino


Cheers,

RR

Lol... I'll be here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Fatman wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Fatman wrote:
My beard comes and goes. My current beard was started the first of March, 2015. By this December it should be pretty epic, and I will rock the Santa gig!

Well John, looks to me you're ready now. Almost any male over the age of 21 can grow hair on his face but it takes character to grow a beard and you my friend are a character. cheers

AJ

I am a bit of a character Razz

Here is a pic taken in February, one of the front desk hunnies wanted to decorate me, and my beard for Valentines day. I love my job and workplace! What a Face What a Face What a Face


cheers

Nicely played John! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New "look".   Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Stick wrote:
Fatman wrote:
ajn27511 wrote:
Fatman wrote:
My beard comes and goes. My current beard was started the first of March, 2015. By this December it should be pretty epic, and I will rock the Santa gig!

Well John, looks to me you're ready now. Almost any male over the age of 21 can grow hair on his face but it takes character to grow a beard and you my friend are a character. cheers

AJ

I am a bit of a character Razz

Here is a pic taken in February, one of the front desk hunnies wanted to decorate me, and my beard for Valentines day. I love my job and workplace! What a Face What a Face What a Face


cheers

Nicely played John!  Wink

I have a weakness for blondes, and she is a perfect 10!

sunny



Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
 
New "look".
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Haberdashery-
Jump to: