HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Going to the IPCPR!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Going to the IPCPR!   Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:21 am

This Monday I'm heading to the IPCPR! And even though it is mainly cigar focused, there are plenty of pipe tobacco and pipe exhibits.

Have any of you gentlemen been to this event before? Or are any of you attending this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitobi

Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:15 am

not heard of this event, but have a great time anyways.

remember plenty of pics Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Can just "anybody" attend? I sorta understood it was for industry folks/owners/dealers/sellers, etc. Invite-only type of thing. cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Sorry, I can't go to DC for the show, I'm in the wrong FEMA Zone, and my papers are not in order.....

Unless the show's in Vegas. Then whatever happens there can stay there.....

lol!
Get plenty of pictures, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:36 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Can just "anybody" attend? I sorta understood it was for industry folks/owners/dealers/sellers, etc. Invite-only type of thing. cheers FTRPLT

You are correct that it is for industry folks. But I thought some of the gents on here had their own shops or at least their own pipe-making LLC's which would be plenty to register for the event.

OR I know some people are really good friends with shop owners and each shop can register 3 people to attend as "buyers". For instance, I am traveling and attending the show who is a really good friend of mine and the store's owner.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:43 pm

[quote="kaitlyn3837"]
ftrplt wrote:

You are correct that it is for industry folks. But I thought some of the gents on here had their own shops or at least their own pipe-making LLC's which would be plenty to register for the event.

OR I know some people are really good friends with shop owners and each shop can register 3 people to attend as "buyers". For instance, I am traveling and attending the show who is a really good friend of mine and the store's owner.

OK, thank you for the info!!!! I'll bet you have a great time cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:59 pm

kitobi wrote:
not heard of this event, but have a great time anyways.

remember plenty of pics Smile
International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Convention. It's the absolute largest cigar and pipe/tobacco convention for wholesalers, distributors, and retailers.

Like I said, it seems to be more cigar oriented and I'm sure part of that is because the smaller pipe makers can't afford a booth to be an exhibitor.

But some cool companies like Laudisi Distribution Group (SmokingPipes.com, US distribution of Savinelli Pipes) and Scandinavian Tobacco Group (Lane, Stokkebye, Orlik...etc) will be there.

It seems as though I won't see any of my BoB's there but I am hoping to grab some sweet goodies for bombs Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Have a good time Kaitlyn and be sure to take a notepad and a pen. It should be a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and to get a few names and email addresses for future reference. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

PostSubject: Re: Going to the IPCPR!   Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Had a great time! Was very busy and had a lot of work to get done. I didn't get as much time exploring the pipe aisle and meeting people/makers as I would have liked. BUT I di get to meet Erik Stokkebye (Peter Stokkebye's son), which was really cool because my Scandinavian Tobacco rep is Max Stokkebye and they were both at the show but in different booths, HAHA. Anyways, I thought it was cool to know the two living Stokkebye's.

Also, there is a new tin coming out from Lane and it is called Andullo. The first time that Andullo was used in a cigar was a couple years ago in Project 805. This is the first time to record that I know of that Andullo has been used in a pipe tobacco (also what the rep told me). Has a very unique taste and aroma. Look for it at your local shops or your favorite online retailers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Going to the IPCPR!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: