HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.    Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Some years back I made up my mind to lay in a stock of cheap 'Just In Case' tobacco.
I bought 5lbs of one of these. Today I was enjoying some of the stash and I got to wondering... Does anyone has experience with them both? How different are they?

I'm not naming which I have because if I've learned anything it's that the merest whisper of a want garners 37 packages arriving by post... I don't have enough space for anymore bombs. Stop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.    Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:27 am

I'll be interested to see responses to this one... My B&M carries English Lux and I thought about buying a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.    Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:32 am

I've smoked them both. As I remember it, English Oriental Supreme is more sour and more like a less stout version of Dunhill 965, English Luxury was a bit on the sweet side and the latakia was more pronounced than in the Oriental Supreme. Both blends have a fair bit of burley in them which makes them interesting. Like most blends of this type, I found myself wishing that the latakia was tamed down considerably because it dominates an otherwise interesting smoke.

I know you didn't ask for opinions on other tobaccos, but, if you like English Oriental Supreme and could live with less latakia, try McClelland 2020 Matured Cake. Once I tried it it was a revelation. Somebody got it right! cheers

lestrout

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.    Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Yo Puro

Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but EOS is more Oriental forward to me than the English Lux; or for that matter Proper English and Balkan Supreme.

hp
les
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Vs English Oriental Supreme.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1