HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

2009 Fillmore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: 2009 Fillmore    Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 pm

Smoking a 2009 tin of Fillmore for the past week and it is simply superb! It has got to be the richest VaPer I've ever smoked. Tonight I loaded it in an old GBD estate that I haven't taken to at all (I was ready to give up on this pipe) and it is delivering a mouthwatering smoke! Unbelievably creamy and tangy sweet in a dark brooding sort of way. Starting to see why everyone loves a good GLP blend!

Persistence (and great aged tobacco)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fillmore    Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Sounds right up the ol' wheelhouse Nate. Have to see if I've got a tin of that hiding somewhere.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fillmore    Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:29 am

It's probably your tobacco, but never underestimate an old GBD. McClelland's 2015, for example, is not a blend that gets along with many of my pipes, but it sure sings in a large GBD billiard I have. I'm smoking both right now, and it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fillmore    Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Sounds right up the ol' wheelhouse Nate. Have to see if I've got a tin of that hiding somewhere.

Cheers,

RR

I'm very impressed with aged Fillmore. Glad I have a nice stock of it but as always, would like more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fillmore    Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:43 am

Old Nate wrote:
Smoking a 2009 tin of Fillmore for the past week and it is simply superb! It has got to be the richest VaPer I've ever smoked. Tonight I loaded it in an old GBD estate that I haven't taken to at all (I was ready to give up on this pipe) and it is delivering a mouthwatering smoke! Unbelievably creamy and tangy sweet in a dark brooding sort of way. Starting to see why everyone loves a good GLP blend!

Persistence (and great aged tobacco)!

You are so right. Fillmore is a great VaPer and I always have some on hand. You did the right thing by not giving up on you GBD. I have around 20 (all made before 1980) and there's not a bad smoker in the bunch. However sometimes you have to search to find the right tobacco that will make it sing a beautiful song. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

2009 Fillmore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1