HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:17 am

Talk about being a Blue Falcon...look at this crap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182245664519

They're RARE alright, because they are counterfeit as hell

Edited - I stand corrected

Last edited by nismo270r on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:08 am

I sent him/her a message about offering counterfeit tins, I am interested in the reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:48 am

They should have at least sized the labels to the tins and centered them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 am

The listing person is defending them, telling me to ask "Esoterica" if I doubt him. He doesn't even know it's made by J.F. Germain & Son. What a putz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allyby

Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:43 am

I saw on another forum that someone bought two of these tins from The Briary, perhaps someone could give them a call?
No point in slagging off anyone until you know the truth!

Last edited by allyby on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:45 am

Fatman wrote:
The listing person is defending them, telling me to ask "Esoterica" if I doubt him. He doesn't even know it's made by J.F. Germain & Son. What a putz.

I got a similar response:

"These are new. It's the first release. Not sure if they will make more." and "I got them as a promo from the distributor. Not sure if they will be regular production or something more unique."

Do you think that Arango would be splitting up 8oz bags and re-tinning stuff as a promo? Personally, I don't think so.

Interesting...perhaps they are...I stand corrected. According to The Briary's FB page: "...it is a attempt to get past impending FDA issues." You would have thought they would at least get the labeling semi-straight! They look shady as all hell. I wonder how that is supposed to get around the impending issues though. Stonehaven was out well before 2007 anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:53 pm

It is possible they are attempting to sell Stonehaven more in tins than bags to make a bigger profit perhaps? The tins are legit, for sure, but it does look a bit rushed. I'm not sure how packaging Stonehaven in tins deals with the FDA stuff, especially since Stonehaven shouldn't be under scrutiny.

Weird..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:28 pm

Square tins, eh? A shame, I have yet to find one that holds a decent seal over time.. Yah, the labels are a bit rough, but so are mine.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:33 pm

So what's the official word on this? Is it a genuine release from Germain or a re-package? if it's a re-package by some e-tailer I'd be concerned about them doing it properly.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:56 pm

The labels on the tins certainly look like they were just stuck on there but, I remember the 2 oz. tins just like most Esoterica blends came in. But, the 8 oz. bags were much more economical to purchase.......then. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:57 pm

Brewdude wrote:
So what's the official word on this? Is it a genuine release from Germain or a re-package? if it's a re-package by some e-tailer I'd be concerned about them doing it properly.

Cheers,

RR

It's genuine. Most retailers seem to think they are "prototypes" to test the waters. I suspect the next shipment will have better labels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:27 pm

How can these be legit? My 2 year old son could stick a sticker straighter than that! I don't see how something like that gets overlooked? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??   Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Square tins, eh? A shame, I have yet to find one that holds a decent seal over time.. Yah, the labels are a bit rough, but so are mine.....

I have some Irish and University Flake tins that are 5 YO; an Erinmore Flake tin 8 and 15 YO. The seals look ok. Should I worry?
Back to top Go down

Stonehaven 2oz Tins - Apparently they ARE legit??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1