HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim's G&H Kendall Flake Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim's G&H Kendall Flake Review.   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:53 pm

The various Virginias offer a range of deeply bold varietal aspects: a lot of earth, a small amount of grass, fermented dark fruit and a light citrus, along with a very minor spice note. The toppings do tone down the tobaccos a little, but mostly work in concert to create a homogeneous, very consistent floral, earthy flavor from start to finish. I notice the almond, rose geranium, heliotrope and rose fragrances more than the vanilla, coffee, whisky, rum and musk. Has just a little of the “soap” and “perfume” usually associated with a Lakeland blend. You have to spend dedicated time to obverse the less noticeable toppings. The nic-hit, strength and taste levels are medium. There’s no chance of bite or harshness even if puffed fast, which I don’t recommend. This should be smoked slowly to capture all that it has to offer. The flake is easily manipulated to suit your packing preference. Burns a little slow, very cool and clean, and can burns to ash with little difficulty. Requires a few relights, and leaves just a little moisture in the bowl. Has a very pleasant after taste, and a very floral room note. Both will linger a little. Will ghost a briar fairly quickly, though it’s not as strong as G&H Grasmere. Not an all day smoke, but it’s certainly repeatable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Kendall Flake Review.   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:18 pm

I just had a bowl of that and enjoy it every time I do. Maybe once a month? I didn't notice the lakeland scent until now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jim's G&H Kendall Flake Review.   Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:00 am

Another great review Jim. I taste several things when I smoke this blend but until I read your review I was unable to assign names to the different flavors I was tasting. Thanks my friend for the very helpful review. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim's G&H Kendall Flake Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1