HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Re-hydrating

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smoker13

Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: Re-hydrating   Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:42 am

Is it possible to re-hydrate flake tobacco? According to the Man half of the McClelland team (his name escapes me at the moment) he says no and you should just throw away flakes that have dried out. I realize in all things tobacco, and especially FLAKE tobacco, he is more or less THE MAN, but are there any voices of rebellion out there that speak from experience?

My trouble is I love so many tobaccos but I justcan't smoke 'em fast enough! I guess the answer is to get them out of the tins and into the Ball jars, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Re-hydrating   Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Your answer is correct. Tobacco that has completely dried out I toss. Life's too short, etc. If it's only half way there, you can make adjustments. The dried out stuff seems to lose something upon resurrection, thinking now especially of MacB's Navy, which is the only flake I've ever had dry out. Others may disagree, of course, and you can then sell them the dried out stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Re-hydrating   Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:09 pm

I've had good luck with all types of tobacco. Flake can take a bit longer, and it can be a bit more finicky than ribbon. You might have to leave it open if you take it a little too far. No big deal. Trial and error.

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t33433-humidifying-dry-tobacco#465227
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottie Warden

Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Re-hydrating   Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:42 am

Zeno Marx wrote:
I've had good luck with all types of tobacco.  Flake can take a bit longer, and it can be a bit more finicky than ribbon.   You might have to leave it open if you take it a little too far.  No big deal.  Trial and error.

+1

My experience has been similar and I've gotten good results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Re-hydrating
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: