HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Most Over Rated Tobaccos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Lord Guyrox wrote:
Well, I do have a plan for next summer involving a scandalously big order at Pipes and Cigars; and having them deliver it at the hotel where I will be staying in the USA. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Mou ha ha.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! Now if the USD/CAD exchange rate could sort itself out a bit, I could convince the Mrs that a cross-border shopping trip is good for both of us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:47 pm

I've given this thread some little consideration and really don't have a definitive answer as to the most over rated 'baccy.

I suppose like many, the hype/lack of availability on certain blends like some of the Esoterica line (Penzance and Stonehaven to name a few), plus FVF a few yrs ago might flirt with this syndrome. And I've had all the aforementioned and find them to be just fine in their own ways. Holy grail? Not for me, but there probably will never be.

At the end of the day it's all about what you like and can afford. So I don't chase anything that isn't available for reasonable prices which I can also afford and which I already enjoy. Isn't that the same way with everyone?

So I guess I don't really have an answer!

scratch

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:07 pm

People make the hype, either it be a few that from there own point of view think there great tobaccos to just the thought
of a blend not being available anymore creates hoopla. Early on I made the mistake of listening to others about how great a tobacco blend was that now I have pounds of that I hope someday will become smokable to me. Granted, we all like to advertise how much we like something and it always seems we take for granted that others will like it as much as we do, sadly it's not always the case.Nowadays I do my own research by reading what the manufacture states is in the blend and sometimes getting a small sample from a retailer or a friend to try before spending my hard earned money. Knowing what you like in a blend and what you don't like is most important.
I here a lot about Revo Plug lately, it's hard to get here and I'm not spending anything on it till I know I'll like it enough to pay
the Euro prices and at that I'll only purchase a small amount to savor from time to time. One has got to be wise when considering new blends nowadays and not to listen to others, there's no guarantee that just because they like it that you will. We may be created equally but, our taste buds are certainly different. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:56 am

ontariopiper wrote:
Lord Guyrox wrote:
Well, I do have a plan for next summer involving a scandalously big order at Pipes and Cigars; and having them deliver it at the hotel where I will be staying in the USA. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Mou ha ha.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! Now if the USD/CAD exchange rate could sort itself out a bit, I could convince the Mrs that a cross-border shopping trip is good for both of us!

Yea, it would help making the order even bigger! I could place another scandalous order at smokingpipes or 4noggins as well.
I definitively miss 2007, when our dollar was worth 1,10 USD. Now that was cool. Cool
Back to top Go down
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:05 am

Lord Guyrox wrote:
I definitively miss 2007, when our dollar was worth 1,10 USD. Now that was cool. Cool

Here, Here! Good times..... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:37 pm

FVF.......I had to use fire lighters to get it burning.

I have 6 years old Penzance which is not to bad but, won't buy it again. To expensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:04 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
FVF.......I had to use fire lighters to get it burning.

I have 6 years old Penzance which is not to bad but, won't buy it again. To expensive.

I know what ya mean on both sir! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orb Weaver D

Registration date : 2015-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Most Over Rated Tobaccos   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:13 am

Definitely the Esotericas, though I do like And So To Bed and Pembroke, but won't pay a premium for them, and won't shed a tear if I can't get them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Most Over Rated Tobaccos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2