HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

SOTD: Shave of the day

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: SOTD: Shave of the day   Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:36 pm

So...you got the Kronos?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: SOTD: Shave of the day   Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
So...you got the Kronos?

I got the Atlas, as pictured. Spiral handle versus straight diamond whatever it's called. 15% off, couldn't refuse. Call me weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SOTD: Shave of the day   Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:45 pm

Isn't the Kronos the handle that they say is like a wood rasp? I like that idea. I tend to prefer getting hit over the brain with tactile sensations. I love my Rockwell 6S razor except for the smoothish handle, and because they went with standard threading, I'm greatly limited in trying other handles. Everything about the handle is nice, but I do wish I could trust metric threading as much as they claim it is safe to do so. I have a Maggard handle (that everyone has bootlegged) that is far superior in feel than the Rockwell. Those AtT razors are sharp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: SOTD: Shave of the day   Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:34 pm

I put a Maggard handle on my Edwin Jagger. Far superior for feel, yep. Don't know about the Kronos. I got the Atlas handle on the ATT because it looked sexier. Plenty of feel, whatever the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SOTD: Shave of the day   Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

I tried Stirling Texas on Fire shaving soap from a sample today. I very much want campfire, forest fire, smoke etc as an option. All the reviews led me to believe this was that. I was really looking forward to trying this one, but it was disappointing. There's a sweet/spice (not spicey/peppery) element to this I DO NOT like. I don't know what it can be. I like everything on the scent list. With something as new-to-the-nose and complicated as shaving soaps can be, I have been known to change my mind, but I really wanted something like a flannel smells like after a night next to a campfire. This is NOT it. The hunt continues.

https://www.stirlingsoap.com/products/texas-on-fire-shave-soap
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SOTD: Shave of the day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Haberdashery-
Jump to: