HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Portabela mushrooms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Portabela mushrooms   Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:03 pm

I bought two portabela mushrooms that were about 4 inches in diameter at he grocery store.
I mixed unknown quantities of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic and red wine and heated the mixture until it simmered. Afterwards I added the mushrooms, cap side up, to the simmering brew for around 8 minutes. Every one was happy. Now I am wondering what can be done with these delightful fungi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Portabela mushrooms   Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Grill on the bbq and put them on a sandwich with mozarella, tomatoes, red onion and pesto mayo.

Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Portabela mushrooms   Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Missed this thread somehow!

Love me a Portablela burger, with all the usual fixins'. The 'shroom has a very full taste when grilled properly with plenty of texture. Being as I'm one of those weird vegi-terrorists it suits me just fine when I get a burger craving on!

tongue

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

Portabela mushrooms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1