HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:46 pm

I've smoked OGS from both 50g and 100g tins and love both of them.

My current 50g tin contains tobacco which is softer, smoother and a tad richer than what I got out of the 100g tins.

Imagination ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:18 pm

As far as taste goes I can't say I've ever noticed any difference. However my palate isn't very sophisticated and you may have discovered a difference that maybe others have noticed. It will be interesting to read their responses. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Are both tins the same age? You may have found the magic age!

Otherwise, have all the variables been accounted for? Same pipes? Same food and drink before? Other things?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:48 pm

They are the same tobacco in both sizes. Fazby raises several good points, and it could be any one of them, or a combination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:44 pm

I've wondered about this same thing myself and posted something about it a while back.

Maybe it was just my imagination, but the 50 gm tins seemed to be somehow "brighter" in flavor. At least initially.

The age of the tins also plays into this of course. And it makes it difficult to come to any conclusion since I didn't have opportunity to do a side by side comparison with the same age dates, 50 gm vs 100 gm.

Now smoking from a 100 gm tin, which had been opened and transferred to a Mason Jar. So it's been exposed to air for some time, and I typically reach for this once/wk, usually on weekend mornings as the first pipe of the day.

Got to admit that I don't really see any difference from the 50 gm tin. Perhaps the amount of 'baccy plays a role in this.

All to say that I don't now really feel there's any difference. At least as far as I can ascertain. It's the same 'baccy. Just a larger amount, which must affect the ageing and development potential. And therefore must play a part in the initial perception.

That's how I look at it, FWIW!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Brewdude wrote:
I've wondered about this same thing myself and posted something about it a while back.

Maybe it was just my imagination, but the 50 gm tins seemed to be somehow "brighter" in flavor. At least initially.

The age of the tins also plays into this of course. And it makes it difficult to come to any conclusion since I didn't have opportunity to do a side by side comparison with the same age dates, 50 gm vs 100 gm.

Now smoking from a 100 gm tin, which had been opened and transferred to a Mason Jar. So it's been exposed to air for some time, and I typically reach for this once/wk, usually on weekend mornings as the first pipe of the day.

Got to admit that I don't really see any difference from the 50 gm tin. Perhaps the amount of 'baccy plays a role in this.

All to say that I don't now really feel there's any difference. At least as far as I can ascertain. It's the same 'baccy. Just a larger amount, which must affect the ageing and development potential. And therefore must play a part in the initial perception.

That's how I look at it, FWIW!

Cheers,

RR

That a worthwhile theory regarding the the amount of tobacco and aging. I think it's worth talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Orlik Golden Sliced....50g and 100g tins same tobacco?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1