HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Some people you just cant top!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:36 am

First, Yak is a brother.. He offers things not asked for and cheerfully shares things that most people wouldn't allow out of their sight.
To that I can only humbly say thank you.

Secondly I lost a bet with Ej... I sent him the tin of tobacco we had wagered.. Checked up to make sure he received it, then thought nothing else about it. Last night I got to sneek home and sleep in my bed for a few hours. I played with the kids a few minutes, grabbed a shower, and went to slip into bed.. What? There was a box under my pillow. It looked like a box mailed to me, but the Mrs sometimes hides 'Santa Claus' in my box's. I asked her about it.. 'Oh yeah, that came in the mail for you today'.. How bout that crackerhead Ej sent me something I had been wanting for a couple years. A King James 1611 Version. Wow... Thanks man. I appreciate that.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:29 am

Let me add, another of our chaps.

I was wondering how to acknowledge him and this seems like the perfect thread. On Sunday the mail lady delivered a box from brother pipetongue... it contained a dozen different tobaccos Shocked . It arrived safe and sound. I almost fell over, it was so much tobacco... most of which I would never get a chance to try up here. Thank you to brother Ken... I love you

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 am

I tried to think of something to say but there are no words. How could it be that the internet and the shared fondness of a mere pipe bring together such a motley but brotherly bunch?! I am proud to be part of this bunch!!! cheers

Thank you Mike Smith and Mike Brissett for drawing me back into the pipe forum world and all the rest of the folks that make this a great bunch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
JJPHOTO

Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:14 pm

JP did the same for me. I asked him what Walnut was like... he not only sent me a healthy, healthy sample of it, but bags and bags of other blends to try - really nice ones like Scottish Cake, Barrister, etc. From what I've heard, he's done this for other people as well.

I was absolutely blown away at this ginormous box full of goodies! From what I've read on this forum and what I've been able to personally experience - this is the most generous group of people on the net that I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jasonjohnsonphoto.com

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:29 pm

JLJ2018 wrote:
JP did the same for me. I asked him what Walnut was like... he not only sent me a healthy, healthy sample of it, but bags and bags of other blends to try - really nice ones like Scottish Cake, Barrister, etc. From what I've heard, he's done this for other people as well.

I was absolutely blown away at this ginormous box full of goodies! From what I've read on this forum and what I've been able to personally experience - this is the most generous group of people on the net that I've ever seen.

I'll testify to that! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:57 pm

PB,
If you have any trouble with the Elisabethean English consult the Book of Armaments Chapter 2:9-21: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk
lol!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:30 pm

EJ,
I have no trouble reading it.
My wife was bumfuzzeld.... But what shocked me my daughter Katie at 8 says. "Dad can I se it?"
I say 'sure but you won't be able to read it'. She procedes to read off 4 verses and says 'that's neat' as she reaches it back to me .....

Freaked me out.

Bro I can't thank you enough for what you did, that has tickled me to pieces.

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:44 pm

puros_bran wrote:
EJ,
I have no trouble reading it.
My wife was bumfuzzeld.... But what shocked me my daughter Katie at 8 says. "Dad can I se it?"
I say 'sure but you won't be able to read it'. She procedes to read off 4 verses and says 'that's neat' as she reaches it back to me .....

Freaked me out.

Bro I can't thank you enough for what you did, that has tickled me to pieces.

Your welcome. It's really my pleasure. cheers
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Some people you just cant top!   Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:24 am

Strange, and while we're making public thanksgivings, I had a book show up on my door step from the man in the VA Mountains. A priceless treasure! Both the book and the man! Absolutely one of the nicest gifts anyone has ever given me, straight from the heart! Thank you very much EJ!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

Some people you just cant top!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1