HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Have you been knocked on your keester lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 am

I've tried rope tobacco and I feel if smoking this garbage that tastes like creosote soaked grease rags wrapped in newspaper makes or defines one as tough then I think I'll just pass sir. I think what makes one tough is having the wisdom to know the difference between thinking one is tough and really being tough.
If I choose to smoke tar paper cigars it would hardly make me tough, only sadly ignorant. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:40 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
smoking this ... that tastes like creosote soaked grease rags wrapped in newspaper

Oh, you've tried SG Black XX! Wink I like the others I've tried better
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
fsu92john

Registration date : 2014-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 am

DrT999 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
smoking this ... that tastes like creosote soaked grease rags wrapped in newspaper  

Oh, you've tried SG Black XX! Wink  I like the others I've tried better

I much prefer the brown ropes to the black, but they're also a bit stronger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 am

DrT999 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Yes sir and that was enough for me, anything that tastes that bad is not worth further research IMHO.
Nowadays I do little experimenting and only smoke Escudo and ODF with an occasional visit of a few Germain blends on special occasions. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 am

Cartaphilus wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Yes sir and that was enough for me, anything that tastes that bad is not worth further research IMHO.
Nowadays I do little experimenting and only smoke Escudo and ODF with an occasional visit of a few Germain blends on special occasions. Wink  

Oddly, while I don't care for the SG Black XX, I do like the GH version. Still, we all have different tastes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:55 am

fsu92john wrote:
I much prefer the brown ropes to the black, but they're also a bit stronger.

Same here.

And yes SG Black XX does have a greasy burnt tallow flavor that is somewhat disagreeable.

I enjoy the rich flavor of the brown ropes, but still to this point, even smoking very small amounts at a time, I can't get past the effect of the nicotine. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Last night/early this morning I put myeslf to bed after a bowl of Dark Flake Scented. Made it almost to the bottom of a Falcon bowl before I had to stop. A great smoke to be sure, but I won't try smoking it during a road trip driving....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Have you been knocked on your keester lately?   Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:59 pm

As long as I am cautious, I can smoke Dark Flake Scented with out any ill effects. That's one of my favorite G&H flakes.

Coniston & Bosun are good ones too.

I have a small bowl clay tavern pipe with a long stem that I smoke these in. Keeps me honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Have you been knocked on your keester lately?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: