HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bib overalls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
inkycrow

Registration date : 2016-11-13

PostSubject: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:58 am

In the age of Hipsters and tight legged jeans i often feel like i am part of a dying breed.  Growing up in the woodlands of Northern Michigan i have been wearing flannel, smoking a pipe and sporting a beard .... As of the last couple years i have felt like my style has been violated....  I was telling my wife the other day that i would feel better about myself if i just carried my Single Bit Michigan axe with me so i wont be misidentified as a hipster.... I have never worn tightlegged jeans... always boot cut wranglers... but as of late ( we arrive at the post topic!!!) I have rediscovered the comfort and freedom of wearing a good set of bib overalls...  no constriction at the waist... free flowing feeling.... I have in the last two month purchased 4 pairs of bibs... 2 Liberty and 2 Dickies ... Does anyone else on here wear Bibs and if so your thoughts and what brands?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Carhartt. But only in the dead of winter. I have been thinking about a bluejean type of bib. Just because I should not be wearing shorts in the winter. I need to also keep them from falling down. Laughing Constantly pulling britches up.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Are bibs what we'd call dungarees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:30 pm

I have a pair of Carhartt and Dickies that I use to wear when living in NY, especially while hunting in the Adirondacks with long john's and my camo gear. Always stayed warm. Still have them and who know's, one day I might wear them again. Extremely comfortable and I'm a pocket person.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:46 pm

If I had land and didn't have to work with people who care about appearance, then I would totally rock some! Maybe someday when I can be a crazy lady with a cabin in the woods!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:01 pm

I knew a girl who wore overalls. She looked really cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
I knew a girl who wore overalls. She looked really cute.

Haha, yeah at the right place, right time, they can be cute! Maybe I will have to try it out around the shop Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:06 pm

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens-home.aspx?src=M001099&admkt=&mkwid=AVx8Qm62_dc&pcrid=9315717588&pkw=duluth%20trading&pmt=be
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
inkycrow

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Yes like dungarees . Between the ones i got from my father in law after he passed away and the ones i bought i have a set for every day of the week lol. I guess i can get away with it more than most due to my line of work. I swear everybody should have a pair to beat around the house with. If i go out in public my wife makes sure the " modesty buttons " on the sides are buttoned up , but if im crawling under a building ( as exterminator) or dropping trees ... those buttons are free and im rocking air conditioning......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Stick wrote:

David mate, here's what we call bib overalls-

HTH

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Stick wrote:
Like dungarees, in that they're made of denim, with a bib in front, straps over the shoulders and pockets aplenty. They're the most utilitarian garment you can buy, I think. I have a pair of overalls by L.L. Bean which probably don't count for this thread, because they're made of heavy wool and intended for hunting. I bought them after the electricity was knocked out in my Connecticut neighborhood for nearly a week one winter, and I nearly froze my butt off. Never again. In American movies set in the South, the illiterate, moonshine-loving characters are usually wardrobed in filthy overalls, usually with no underwear and only one shoulder strap in operation. If I remember correctly, the villains in Deliverance wore overalls. The only time I've seen real people dressed in overalls was more than a decade ago in New Haven. Members of the female persuasion aimed to attack the sexist ways of horn toad males and took to wearing denim overalls. Fortunately for those who take an esthetic interest in the passing urban scene, most of the co-eds continued to wear snug jeans with form-fitting ribbed t-shirts with a bit of Lycra in them, a uniform that has special appeal on chilly Fall mornings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inkycrow

PostSubject: Re: Bib overalls   Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:14 am

Brewdude... those bibs are Liberty brand.... best on the market in my opinion.... once you get them worn in that is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bib overalls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: