HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My first time ever!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
inkycrow

Registration date : 2016-11-13

PostSubject: My first time ever!!!!   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Welp friends and family... just had a milestone first!!! My debit card was compromised.... got a text from my banks fraudulent use alert system and i called the 800 number on the back of my card.... someone charged 3g on my card in 45 minutes at 15 different places.... i froze my account and cancelled my debit card immediately but im kinda freaking here... nervous to call the bank in the morning. Hoping i get refunded and all over draft fees waved.... gonna be a sleepless night.... bout ready to fire up a bowl of Peterson Irish Flake in my Canadian...... gonna need some vitamin N tonight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Wow, that stinks in a major way! Hopefully your bank takes care of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inkycrow

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks Fatts ..... my neice is staying at our place tonight and said it happened to her last summer and she got taken care of ( we are members of same CU)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:14 pm

5)

It's amazing how fast a balance can add up, especially when someone else is partying on your dollar. I'm sure the bank will take care of this for you. It's the meantime that will be the worst of this ordeal.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inkycrow

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Ozark you're totally right. Trying to keep my mind busy so i dont dwell on it... stressing tonight aint gonna do me a damn bit of good....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 pm

inkycrow wrote:
Welp friends and family... just had a milestone first!!! My debit card was compromised.... got a text from my banks fraudulent use alert system and i called the 800 number on the back of my card.... someone charged 3g on my card in 45 minutes at 15 different places....  i froze my account and cancelled my debit card immediately but im kinda freaking here... nervous to call the bank in the morning. Hoping i get refunded and all over draft fees waved.... gonna be a sleepless night.... bout ready to fire up a bowl of Peterson Irish Flake in my Canadian...... gonna need some vitamin N tonight

I've had cards compromised several times over the years and I think I remember them telling me as long as they don't use your pin the credit side will take care of it. I wish they would investigate this stuff with all the HD security cameras they could put the faces of these people in the local news but they just write it off as the cost of doing bidness. Of the times my cards been comped only once has it been a local deal most of the time it's been after I've been traveling and the end users are usually in some random place. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:43 am

Inky, sorry to hear about the CC scam you have to deal with, the end result 99% of the time you will be covered by your bank. Good luck and please post how you made out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:31 am

Debit cards are not credit cards. Hopefully they fix it all for you. All depends on the rules at your CU/Bank. Having said that, I will never have or use a Debit card. I left a credit union I had been at for 20 years over a policy where they wanted to force us to have and use them or pay a fee.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:04 am

Debit cards are totally different from CC but with my bank, Well's Fargo they resolved a similar issue a few years back because my PIN number was not used. It was accepted as a CC, which should not have been approved. Hopefully all will work out.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inkycrow

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:29 am

The CU was able to make me whole again, refunding my account and i didnt get any over draft fees. Unfortunately three of the main charges did get through and the SOBs will get away with it..... like i said i did get covered by the CU but it just chaps my ass that people like the scammers can victimize honest hard working people and get away scott free. Just hope that Karma will catch up with them one day... May they catch the clap three times and be cured of all but the first! Thank you for the support you gave me in an hour of distress, being gone from the BoB for as long as I was i forgot how much of a tight knit community we are. Im blessed to be back associating with such fine people and i am proud to call my self a Brother of the Briar and a cob snob to boot Smile soon as my new card gets in im ordering a couple extra tins with P&C and joining the bombing run for the month of December.... Thank you again for the support !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:14 am

What a bummer! That really sucks! This kind of thing makes me want to go vigilante. I had a similar experience a few years back, and it seemed as if the bank didn't care about going after the perpetrators and prosecuting them to the full extent of the law.

This makes me want to load up the .45 and go hunting. Yes, perhaps that's a bit dramatic, (and I would most likely not do it), but there has to be some justice.

Glad to hear that the bank has you covered. Sorry you had to go through this. Thank god you had some nerve-easing leaf to calm you down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: My first time ever!!!!   Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:33 am

Glad it's all working out for you Inky. I've had two credit cards of mine compromised this year and one if them had never been activated. The bank told me that the crooks use a computer to run numbers until they find one that has been issued then they use the numbers to make online purchases. I asked how the crooks got the expiration date and security code and for that they didn't have an answer. Being a card we never used I cancelled it . Earlier my Amex card was fraudulently used and I got a call from Amex asking if I had made a particular purchase and after telling them I hadn't they cancelled that card and issued me another and over nighted it to me so the next afternoon I had it. I've never heard anything else about it from Amex. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My first time ever!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1