HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Personal defense handgun suggestions for women?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Personal defense handgun suggestions for women?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:32 am

Br'er riff raff: The Ruger LCP looks like a sweet little piece, and I'm a big Ruger fan. Who knows...I might've bought the LCP for myself if the commie cabal in Hackramento hadn't made it illegal.

Alas, this is California—a gerrymandered state with an overabundance of (invective epithet redacted) who've convinced themselves that more coercion and less freedom is the solution to every problem in human interaction.

In the firearms domain, I think California has a competition going with Massachusetts to see who can win the coveted Third Reich Renaissance Award. Methinks the contest is too close to call.  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Personal defense handgun suggestions for women?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:19 pm

No worries, Maryland is always trying to out-do those states in via for the most difficult handgun purchases.
I hadn't bought a handgun in Maryland, since 2008.
Now, you have to fill out on online background check ($75), get fingerprinted ($75), complete a four hour training course ($200) and then wait two months for approval for a "Handgun Qualifier License". Then, when you finally get approval, and go to the shop to pick up, you fill out all that paper work again, this time hard-copies. Then, wait seven days. Convenient.
License to carry? IF I had been shot five times, they'd still turn down my $150 application.
Somehow I persevered and made the purchase.
So the LCP lives in my suitcase/hotel use.

My son-in-law owns a pretty big shop near Martinsburg WV. You walk in, pay and walk-out with anything save full auto. There has to be some middle ground...and any one can carry, no permit or training needed at all.

Al

Vito wrote:
Br'er riff raff: The Ruger LCP looks like a sweet little piece, and I'm a big Ruger fan. Who knows...I might've bought the LCP for myself if the commie cabal in Hackramento hadn't made it illegal.

Alas, this is California—a gerrymandered state with an overabundance of (invective epithet redacted) who've convinced themselves that more coercion and less freedom is the solution to every problem in human interaction.

In the firearms domain, I think California has a competition going with Massachusetts to see who can win the coveted Third Reich Renaissance Award. Methinks the contest is too close to call.  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Personal defense handgun suggestions for women?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:24 pm

That "shall not be infringed" stuff just boggles a statist mind. How could less government control and more personal freedom work? It'd be the Wild West. Or so they say every time a city/state/federal law ALLOWS a law abiding citizen to arm his or her self.

Personal defense handgun suggestions for women?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3